Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C

Some new friends on another forum (Jayco Owners) have spoken highly enough that they've convinced me to purchase the above item; I never heard of these products on this site so figured I'd share this info, just in case there's any interest.

I wrote a long winded intro here earlier, but it got lost in the ether somewhere; this time you can do the detailed research. This unit has competitors but no others offer a lifetime warranty; nor are they USA made. This same company also offers a lesser, cheaper product ($80, surge only) but it's not nearly as capable.

NOTE: Don't purchase it from any of the several vendors on Amazon. Twice I tried, twice they shipped the wrong product WITH the correct product number on the printed labels. They are having a web screw up and somewhere along their lines this unique product is being mixed up - across ALL their site vendors.

Amazon at $213, Tweety's.com at $246 (including shipping).

I wound up paying a bit more from tweety's.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EMS-PT30C.jpg (57.4 KB, 44 views)

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #2

Default TPMS for tires, TV & camper

Additional products they've brought to my attention are TPMS systems you can purchase for both the TV and the camper. After a taxes recovery (sometime in 2525) I'll be picking some up.

The TST brand of sensors seem to have the greatest/ loyalist group of followers and they offer several types and quantities of sensor packages. Heres just one offering to give you an idea.
Amazon.com: TST 507rv Tire Monitor System - Monitors PSI and Temperature -Flow Through System Model: Automotive

In the year 2525, if man is still alive ...
1969 hit song by the American pop-rock duo of Zager and Evans

Old 04-08-2015, 09:34 PM   #3

Now to continue being a Wrascal ... I'm gonna pour me a stiff one and await the dreaded day, Apr 15. That's when known robbers will be legally depleting my bank account.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:03 AM   #4

Default Electrical Management System

I bought one of these before the 2014 camping season for about $230 and am very happy with it. My A/C unit fried in August of 2013 and even though I can't prove it, I am convinced it was due to dirty power. We were at a very busy campground over the 4th of July with lots of A/C units running and had a couple of inexplicable breaker trips, both in the camper and at the power pedestal. That little fiasco cost me about $1200 and I don't intend to have that happen again. $230 is cheap insurance to protect the A/C, refrigerator, etc. from all the power problems that can be encountered at a campground . It can also be locked to the power pedestal to prevent it from running away.

Jeff
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #5

Due to multiple users (not sellers/advertisers) with similar stories they convinced me it was cheap insurance. Too bad I had to spend an extra $33 to get the advertised product.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
sam

Default Just purchased a wired interior surge protector

When our weather improves to a decent temperature DH will install. One year we were camping over the fourth of July at Allegany State Park in NY. The first day it was very hot and not enough power to run our AC. Then the weather was more moderate the rest of the days and we didn't need the AC. This is cheap insurance.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #7

As I had a failure last night (see picture) this unit was shipped back to the repair facility today. I guess it also served as a fuse <Grin>.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150720_194124.jpg (116.9 KB, 3 views)