Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #1

Default Recommendations on blind purchase shipping/transport of Hilo T17?

I have a 2006 T17 I'm interested in. Unfortunately it is over 1500 miles away.

• I prefer not to use a tow-behind service (just more that can happen on the road I think)...or should I not worry about that?

• Any referrals or advice on transport companies? I have gotten a few bids. It is coming in around $1500-1800, although uShip says the median shipping price should be around $1164.

• Asking price is $6500. It looks like they are willing to come down to $6000. It looks to be in excellent condition. With transport I would still be at $7500 minimum...which is still above NADA for average retail by about $500 if I added up stuff correctly. Is this a reasonable or good deal?

•I've done bigger blind purchases over the internet before...still comes down to trust (I believe I had the owner of motorcycle send me a title, then I sent him his money before the bike was picked up) Any other advice or systems for transactions done this way?

Thanks!

Delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
sam

Default Blind purchase of HiLo

I would say where this HiLo is located. Perhaps someone could check it out for you using the used buyers check list.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:15 PM   #3

Take a road trip and go see it yourself. If you don't buy it, well, you've had a nice road trip and saw some different scenery, and saved the transport costs. Well, guess you've already thought of that, huh?

If you read through the forum for the last few months, you'll find a few new Hi-Lo owners who have been fleeced by unscrupulous individual sellers who misrepresented the units.

I have no patience, but I'd try to summons all the patience possible right now and wait until I could see it in person, or have a trusted evaluation, as Sam mentions in the previous reply.

We're at the end of the summer which typically brings more RV units onto the market. You might even find one closer. (We purchased our Hi-Lo from a dealer in Boise).

Good luck
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #4

Any members near Manttawan Michigan who I could PayPal or Venmo $50 to go check out the camper for me? (assuming you are close enough where that would be equitable)
Delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #5

Is there a RV dealer close that you could contract with to do an inspection?

I am 110 miles away, my software says it close to Kalamazoo, Mi.
Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote