Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
mbb

Default removing the top half of my Hi-Lo

I purchased a 1994 215TL on April 13 of 2015. I have to remove the top section to replace the seal. I have the top all the way up and I have removed the guide rails. The guides that ride on the guide rails are still under the vinyl strip that the seal seals against. Do I have to force the sides apart to clear that vinyl seal rail?
I also want to rebuild my top section after this camping season is over. I have some leak issues that have resulted in some rot of the framing in the side walls and I need to check on the steel frame of the roof. I would like to replace the aluminum multi section roofing with something one peice to avoid similar problems in the future. Any suggestions? I would also like to use a one piece skin on the side walls. I notice on the newer models that that is the case. Where can I find that material? My email address is mbbrouhard@yahoo.com

mbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbb View Post
I purchased a 1994 215TL on April 13 of 2015. I have to remove the top section to replace the seal. I have the top all the way up and I have removed the guide rails. The guides that ride on the guide rails are still under the vinyl strip that the seal seals against. Do I have to force the sides apart to clear that vinyl seal rail?
I also want to rebuild my top section after this camping season is over. I have some leak issues that have resulted in some rot of the framing in the side walls and I need to check on the steel frame of the roof. I would like to replace the aluminum multi section roofing with something one peice to avoid similar problems in the future. Any suggestions? I would also like to use a one piece skin on the side walls. I notice on the newer models that that is the case. Where can I find that material? My email address is mbbrouhard@yahoo.com
Welcome to the forum. The link below is for cable replacement but explains how to separate the halves.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f61/...1998-24td-125/

Parts are available at links below.

Home - JR REPAIR

http://hilotrailerparts.webs.com/midgettrailer.htm

Do a search of remodel or repair and you'll see some members have done extensive work on their trailers. Good luck.

RCREYES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #3

This is what I planned on using to redesign/rebuilding my top, but to get back camping I just put it back together with normal framing lumber. They sell this on eBay as well.
SingCore - Patented Honeycomb Torsion Box Panels | New inventions are making the world a better place.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
sam

Default Paneling for wall repairs

The product looks interesting. How much$ for a sheet?
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 AM   #5

A 4'x8' 2" thick with plywood sides is about $160 not counting shipping. They could do aluminum on one side but I don't know for how much more, and seems like a discount for multiple panels judging but the tiny house kits on their page. They are by Olympia, WA so I was just going to pick up an order. Total you would have probably $1000-$1500 in panels but they would be stronger, lighter, and better insulated then the factory build.
There are other simplified foam structural panels out there and you can also make your own for less but I doubt they would be anywhere near as strong as those Singcore ones.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote