Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
sam

Default a sad day putting HiLo in winter storage

DH washed the HiLo and dried it off. Some dried off with the sl. wind. I washed the outside of the windows with foam glass cleaner. Hitched up and then took it to our storage property and covered it with our pre loved Sunbrella cover. Very happy with our cover. Hated to see the leaves turning color on our apple trees and the grass that needs mowed. Will do on Saturday.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #2

It's like putting away a scrap book. Memories of past exploits and trips.
Another year of travels has come to an end, for awhile anyway.
We have had snow already so mine is in lock down, but no such luxury as a cover. WE DON'T NEED, NO STINKING COVER.
Peace and happiness to my hi-lo friends, until next year.
We are planning a 2-3 month excursion for next year.

steve and vicki (renoites)

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
DH washed the HiLo and dried it off. Some dried off with the sl. wind. I washed the outside of the windows with foam glass cleaner. Hitched up and then took it to our storage property and covered it with our pre loved Sunbrella cover. Very happy with our cover. Hated to see the leaves turning color on our apple trees and the grass that needs mowed. Will do on Saturday.
Sam,

Fortunately we live far enough south that we can use our RV all year around so long as we don't go too far north. I suppose that when you put yours away there is no working on projects either. We are taking the MH to Rockport on the Texas coast on the 1st of November so we will enjoy some good friends, warm sea breezes, very nice days, and cool nights for the whole month. Here in Fredericksburg, we usually get a couple of snow falls each year that cover the ground for a day or so but not too often. This is a big change from where we moved from in Pagosa Springs, Colorado where our snowfall has been as much as 140 inches annually. That is why we now live down here . We wish all our northern brothers and sisters a nice hibernation until next spring.

jcurtis95
Fredericksburg, TX
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Our Hi-Lo doesn't go into winter storage until January. Because wife is a tax accountant, the Hi-Lo actually goes into tax season storage between January and April 15th.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
sam

Default Putting HiLo in winter storage

Jerry I would love to sell our house and fulltime in Our HiLo. Circumstances prevent us from selling our house and DH job doesn't end for one year and two months. In the dead of winter I often think about snowbirding to anyplace warmer!! We have fixed all that needs to be fixed on the HiLo. In the spring new blinds will be installed. The only other consideration is preparing the fiberglass and repainting the HiLo. Don't have any skills in body work or an inside place to work on this. Getting an estimate at a body shop would probably exceed the value of our 1990 25ft. Classic HiLo. Plenty of inside projects to keep me busy this winter.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote