Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 01-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
sam

Default Spring is coming

Made an apointment for our NYS inspection in March. To all those in snowy/wintery areas be careful. Today it is rainy and real windy. Some have lost power and some trees have fallen.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
Site Team

Sorry sam, but I gotta say, another boringly beautiful day in south west Florida. But really, it did get down into the 50's last couple of days. As you say though, spring will be here today, high in the 80's! Luckily, I don't have to shovel "partly cloudy".
During reno of a new place, we are living in the Hi Lo parked right behind our project.
Tree

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:22 PM   #3
sam

Default Spring is coming

Tuesday evening into Wednesday we had 30 to40MPH winds. The gusts were up to 60MPH. I heard a small noise and found our huge recycle bin tipped over in front of our grill. Our neighbors huge trampoline was thrown into the other neighbor's fence. They put it back in position and I could see the wrap around screen and some of the frame was twisted. Tomorrow I need to go out and sweep at my curb. Good things about living in Niagara Falls. We have plenty of expensive electric and water. No sink holes either. Lately, we have only gotten a dusting of snow. Not enough to shovel. I feel for the folks out west with too much snow and massive amounts of rain water,flooding.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Tuesday evening into Wednesday we had 30 to40MPH winds. The gusts were up to 60MPH. I heard a small noise and found our huge recycle bin tipped over in front of our grill. Our neighbors huge trampoline was thrown into the other neighbor's fence. They put it back in position and I could see the wrap around screen and some of the frame was twisted. Tomorrow I need to go out and sweep at my curb. Good things about living in Niagara Falls. We have plenty of expensive electric and water. No sink holes either. Lately, we have only gotten a dusting of snow. Not enough to shovel. I feel for the folks out west with too much snow and massive amounts of rain water,flooding.
When we were in Iceland in September 2015 they had a lot of wind and they issued a flying trampoline warning. Many of the people there have them and they were flying about in Reykjavik. l\Luckily were out in the country that day and didn't have to worry about having to dodge them.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #5

"OK" in a couple more mts. we might get it out right now it's all of 11 and cold... LOL
2005retired2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
sam

Default Spring is coming

Thursday it was 50degrees. A winter heat wave. Ran some errands and swept up the mess at my curb from the wind storm. In the afternoon it rained. Most of the stores have begun to put out lawnmowers,grills ect. Wishful thinking.