Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #1

Default Stabilizer Jacks

I have 1992 Hi-Lo Classic. I just replaced the floor in the bathroom and reset commode, installed laminate flooring thruout coach, new A/C unit upper and lower, vent cover for bath area and new seals on both vents. Now I find that the stabilizer jacks are bent, and no one in the area seems to be able to find them. They are BAL jacks, similar in style to the "C" style. Are these still
available, or would it be wise to install the scissor style jacks. Mounting
to the rear would be easy, mounting to the front would requirs a little more work.
Has anyone done this changeover, and does it work properly.

lgbrotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbrotz View Post
I have 1992 Hi-Lo Classic. I just replaced the floor in the bathroom and reset commode, installed laminate flooring thruout coach, new A/C unit upper and lower, vent cover for bath area and new seals on both vents. Now I find that the stabilizer jacks are bent, and no one in the area seems to be able to find them. They are BAL jacks, similar in style to the "C" style. Are these still
available, or would it be wise to install the scissor style jacks. Mounting
to the rear would be easy, mounting to the front would requirs a little more work.
Has anyone done this changeover, and does it work properly.
BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

I bent one of the BAL jacks on our 95T, some dummy forgot to put it up, guess who. I unbolted it and took it apart, the pieces were not very hard to straighten with a large hammer on a flat surface. Lubed it up and was as good as new.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #4

Yeah, tried that. One straithtened up enought to be usable if careful, but the other broke welds at frame and at other end, also bent rod. Don't think it will work.
Thanks for the response.
lgbrotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

I had messed up my front curb side stabilizer while trying to make a hard right to get onto an access road to a campground in Michigan. Had to use my cousin's truck and a snatch strap to pull it back forward to make it semi-functional. My stabilizers are welded to the frame and not bolted on. I cut it off at the support straps (ones that held it to the frame) with a reciprocating saw. I was then able to take it apart and using my 12 ton press (Harbor Freight) get it back into workable shape. Had to straighten out the screw also. Replaced the bolts with new ones and used 2" x 2" angle iron (rear supports) and 1" X 1" angle iron (front support) to remount it to the frame with self tapping bolts. It works well.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote