Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #1

Default storage solutions

Good Saturday everyone. Question for all of you my wife n I are new to hilo and to camping and are looking for creative ideas for usage of the storage spaces in our 04 22t. We are using space bags for blankets. But are at a loss for the wardrobe area in the back, its awkward to get into kind of impractical so we thought we would put it out there to see what kind of ideas you all have. Thanks for all your help and I love this forum its awesome to have a place dedicated to all things hilo.

04 F150 Supercab 4x4
newagain12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #2

Default We use lots of hooks.

Hi, We have a 17' Hi-lo, so we do not have a wardrobe. One thing we have done is put lots of little plastic hooks on the walls. The hooks themselves are are low profile so they do not affect the raising/lowering of the top. We hang all kinds of things - jackets, clothing, purses, towels, washcloths, dish towels, dish rags, fly swatter, keyrings, dog leashes and collars, whistles, etc. Anything we can hang on the walls is one less thing to fit into our limited cupboard space. This works especially well for us since we usually leave our trailer in one spot for extended periods, otherwise we would have to take the hanging items down during travel, but I still think it would be worth it to have things hanging and accessible.

shari253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #3

Default Storage

We had a 2209 before our 2809. We never used the pull down bunk over the bed so we took out the matress and stored extra beding and clothes on the bunk.

Majordad

Apache Junction Az
majordad274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Have a look at this thread: http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f17/...age-ideas-398/ In it, I describe roll-out drawers I installed in ours. They're much more useful than the hanging bar.

- Jack
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #5

Jack I love the drawer idea, that is awesome. Our wardrobe sits in the back in the bathroom. What my wife and I did is we found stack able bins at Walmart picked those up and the sit in the wardrobe nicely, and I still have hanging bar for those things that need to be hung up. I love that roll out pan drawer I'm going to have to put that one in mine. The other thing I want to do with my wardrobe is it has a very big kick panel that makes it difficult to get into the bottom bin, so what I want his to cut the sides and put like a trunk hinge so that it drops down but will always be able to close back up again. Awesome ideas.
04 F150 Supercab 4x4
newagain12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagain12 View Post
Jack I love the drawer idea, that is awesome. Our wardrobe sits in the back in the bathroom. What my wife and I did is we found stack able bins at Walmart picked those up and the sit in the wardrobe nicely, and I still have hanging bar for those things that need to be hung up. I love that roll out pan drawer I'm going to have to put that one in mine. The other thing I want to do with my wardrobe is it has a very big kick panel that makes it difficult to get into the bottom bin, so what I want his to cut the sides and put like a trunk hinge so that it drops down but will always be able to close back up again. Awesome ideas.
Sounds a great idea!. Goforit!

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Jack & Janet,

Great idea for the sliding drawers. Something else on my "to do" list. Thanks.

Jerry Curtis
2406T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #8

I bought some baskets that were on clearance at JoAnns they are 12"w x 7"d x 6"H and fit it the cabinet doors perfectly and are the right depth to go the long way into the overheads and leave a bit of space in front for stuff... it is a lot easier to pull out a basket and put it beck then it is to remove individual stuff looking for the thing that is in the back. They also fit in the cubbies under the front and rear shelf under the window. you can put 5 accross and same thing, they hold a lot more "little" stuff rather then trying to somehow "stack" it in those spaces...
davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #9

When the frost comes on the "punkin" we're heading for Florida! Kids and grandkids are right there at Florida's Sunny Funny Farm!
RudyRedNek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
sam

Default Basket at Joann Fabric.

David c,Pictures please.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote