Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

Default Top won't lower

Hello everyone I have a 1975 Hi Lo
Everything runs fine and her but I put her up and now I can't get the lid to go down
I can hear the motor whirring and she wants to go up but when I pull the reset brake she will not lower
any suggestions

Thanks

yvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #2

Yvette:

I'm not clear on your question, but will take a stab at offering at least something useful.

Do you have an Owner's Manual for your camper? I find one for a 1977 Hi-Lo on this forum. If you haven't found the Library here, go to the home page, scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you'll see a section entitled "Library". Look beneath there and you'll find a button by something about "Owner's Manuals". Here's a quick link to the '77 manual. Don't worry, a '77 is probably very close to your '75:

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...7-2577-a-1117/

In the '77 Owner's Manual, turn to page 8 and there are a series of troubleshooting steps to take for "IF UPPER SECTION WILL NOT LOWER" and it walks you through some possible problems. Number 2 under that section looks like what you might be trying to describe. That #2 states "If the safety catch does not release and lift motor runs and does not make a loud squeal, the lowering valve is blocked in open position." It then goes on to give you three remedies to that problem.

I'm just guessing that when you say, "reset brake", you're referring to the safety release cable, but that's just a guess. I don't know of anything on a Hi-Lo called a "reset brake".

Good luck!
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote