Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #1

Default Towels

Where and how is a good place to hang towels inside the camper?

Hidonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

I stuck some 3M Command hooks (stick-on/removable) on the upper restroom walls. They are short enough that the do not hit the lower body when the top is retracted. The adhesive does not seem to damage the sidewall laminate.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #3

Thanks I was thinking to hard (towel bars ropes etc.). I'll check those out they have all different sizes now
Hidonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #4

Default towel racks

Hidonlo,
We have a 2805C which has a bedroom which has upper cabinets. I took some hooks and placed on the bottom edge of the cabinets on both sides of the camper. Then I tied string between the hooks making a mimi clothes line. That keeps out towels inside when we leave for a day. If we have electric hook ups we leave a fan blowing on the towel to help dry them. If not we leave some windows open to help them dry. Use to leave them outside but got caught by rain several times. Like I said this way they are inside in case the weather changes. We can also leave towels on the lines when we lower the camper and tow it down the highway. Have had dry towels when we arrive at our next site.
We attended the Hi Lo Rally several years ago in Pigeon Forge, TN and saw a towel rack there that was nice. Someone mounted brackets on the underside edge of the upper half. They then had a wooden rod like a broom handle between the brackets. The brackets and rod were permanently mounted and went up and down with the top half. The location was such that the towel rack was positioned under the campers awning so they would not get rained on.
Hope this helps.
God Bless
Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #5

Papa, Beach also saw the towel rack mod you mentioned at the Tenn. rally and wanted to make the mod on our Hi-Lo. He was quite frustrated because I didn't like the way it looked on the outside of the Hi-Lo body, especially since it was a permanent fixture. My logic was why do that when one could simply buy a small wooden drying ted, place it under the awning for use with clothes pins.

Dee
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote