Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

Default tv No signal

I am having problems getting any reception, tv says no signal, and one person suggested my amp may be bad ... I found a little circuit card just inside the top cabinet below the antenna. This is where the antenna plugs into from above I think then distributes from there ??? There is a yellow and white wire, 12 volts and GND. It also has a push button on the plate in the room and a red light, but nothing happens when pushed ... any suggestions would help ... also if I am hooked to shore power will the 12v still be applied ??? Or is there something I need to learn here ???
Thanks for your time and effort,
Wayne Shunamon

HI-LO 2805 C
2007 Gold Wing
Time Out Camper
kalohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

The little board is the power supply for the amp which is in the antenna head. Check the DC fuse in the fuse panel. Also don't use the cigarette outlet that is there for anything that pulls a lot of amps as it will blow the fuse also causes TV interference.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

Default tv antenna

Thank You, Found 13.8 volts at wires so everything to there should be good. push the button nothing happens so I have a new wall plate on the way ...
HI-LO 2805 C
2007 Gold Wing
Time Out Camper
Old 01-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #4

Question next tv antenna question

Silly question time, is this plate where the tv has to be hooked to ??? There are no jumpers or other cables connected to this except one from antenna straight down. If so why are there other plates in the camper ??? ok thinking more maybe they are for the cable from campground ??? First time setting up the tv ...
HI-LO 2805 C
2007 Gold Wing
Time Out Camper
Old 01-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #5

I believe you have it right. The connection down on the cabinet, probably beside the fridge, is for the external cable connection. There should also be a a connecter outside that the campground cable hooks to.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalohe View Post
Silly question time, is this plate where the tv has to be hooked to ??? There are no jumpers or other cables connected to this except one from antenna straight down. If so why are there other plates in the camper ??? ok thinking more maybe they are for the cable from campground ??? First time setting up the tv ...
If you look at the back of the amplifier you will see two inputs for coax cables. One is for the antenna and the other one is for the cable TV. When the amplifier is turned on it switches to the antenna input and amplifies the signal. When it is turned off it switches to the catv input and does not amplify the signal. This is the way most RVs are wired.

Hi-Lo trailers are different. Having both coax wires terminating at the amplifier would mean that one of them would have to extend/retract or fold/unfold whenever the trailer top goes up and down. This would result in a failure of the conductors in the coax cable due to fatigue. This is the reason that Hi-Lo installed two TV coax outlets. The top one is connected to the antenna coax only and the one installed in the lower half of the trailer is connected to the catv coax only.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #7

I have the same model as you. I lost my signal from the antenna once. The problem was at the antenna on top of the trailer. The antenna wire connection had corroded. I took the nut off, cleaned the connector and stud and has worked since. There is a outside covered receptical that has two plugs on it, one for cable TV and one for phone line.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #8

Thanks, JIM L , the outside is what I need to try next , when it warms up more ... I have the new board and it lights up when I slide the switch ... but I do not have a signal although the TV found six stations during its search ... How do I know which connector to use for the antenna coming into that little board ???? new one did not come with instructions ??? Maybe I just need to move it to each one and check ...
HI-LO 2805 C
2007 Gold Wing
Time Out Camper
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalohe View Post
How do I know which connector to use for the antenna coming into that little board ???? new one did not come with instructions ??? Maybe I just need to move it to each one and check ...
Have you tried the manufacturer's website? If it's made by Winegard the instructions are here:
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452013.pdf

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

My 2209 is made by ( Antenna Tec ) very similar to the Winegard. Did you rotate the antenna as it is very directional, at least mine is. If your TV has a signal strength indicator be sure to use it when rotating the antenna,
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #11

Default Antenna

I have posted this in another place but it looks like this info might help you. My 2807 has the amp in upper cabinet. If I plug the tv to that outlet all is good . If I want to use an antenna outlet in the botton section by the dinning table or in the bedroom I must use a coax jumper from the amp outlet to the outlet by the refrigerator. This connects the top to the bottom and lets me use the lower outlets.
Brad Moss

Brad Moss is offline   Reply With Quote