Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #1

Default asking for help here with my toilet

if you go to the thread I have an aqua flush iv. what do i need to put it thru the floor? do I have to have the black floor flange which would be a male and fit the pipe inside of the bottom? then I need the closet flange seal? please help. then I need a blade valve to open and close it what? I don't know never done this. could someone please answer me? I'm sorry the pics are on my 1st post 1964 I found in field. thanks

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
Site Team

I did an internet search for Aqua Flush IV Installation and came up blank. I found some information on a Thetford Aqua Magic IV toilet and it showed an exploded parts diagram. Is that possibly what you have?

I've only installed home toilets, so I don't know how RV toilets are installed. I would imagine there would be some kind of flange seal though. And, my trailer toilet certainly has a blade valve, but I thought that was part of the toilet.

- Jack

Old 04-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #3

Thetford Aqua Magic IV toilet yes this is what I have there are all pics and measurements on my other thread jack. I suppose I need the floor flange and the floor seal ( would be a wax ring in house)the toilet I guess is a female so I would need the male flange , and the pipe to go into that underneath and the blade valve right? to drain into tank .from that right?
I am thinking I need the whole water valve assy. idk? the blade seal is inside for the flush mechanism in the toilet, I believe. the closet flange seal, goes on the black floor flange I believe. then the toilet sits on top all of that and it gets bolted down. so then I would imagine I have a male pipe coming down for a female adapter to the blade open close valve? then the drain hose to the container?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Mike, you're asking questions I don't have the answer to. I'd spend a bit of time doing an internet search on "RV toilet installation". I doubt it is the same as a home toilet.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #5

yeah I know I don't know where to start lol oh well i'll get er done some how thanks jack
Old 04-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #6
Site Team

I just found this utube video that may help you:

And, another one:
This one is a Thetford Aqua Magic IV remove and replace.

- Jack
Old 04-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #7

wow ok I will check it out, I have been laid up again, with I have no leg to walk on. right now. thank you for all your help jack I really do appreciate it. lol have you heard anything about how sam is? I need to try to see how she's doing.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
Site Team

Hope you feel better soon. I think these videos will give you the information you need to mount your toilet.

No, I have not heard from SAM. I suspect she'll be back on soon though.

- Jack
Old 04-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #9

shows me basically what I will have to get. thanks. I have an idea, I just ain't sure tho. for sure gonna need the thru floor flange that bolts to the floor, and the closet seal, for that. I will figure it all out. maybe i'll do a video of the parts needed, and the install. how are things going with you?
Old 04-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #10
Site Team

Things are pretty much the same here. Glad the videos helped you figure things out.

- Jack
Old 05-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #11

yes jack I have the aqua flush majic iv
Old 05-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #12

I cannot for the life of me find which thru the floor flange I need to put the closet seal on to put the bolts thru to bolt the toilet down with.. I also am wondering it it is the high or low profile toilet I believe it is the high pf its a hand flush. has 3 3/8 pipe opening where flange seal goes on. just cant figure this carzy thing out. gonna have to make a run to the camper place take toilet with me. I guess. he'll know for sure.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #13

I found the flange and seal kit I need for my aqua flush iv. I decided to concentrate on more important issues, like go camping,and to go camping with for now, saving the toilet for last. I always have plastic bags, and a bucket around. lol for now. just always hate to have to put my leg on, and off ,all night just to pee. also on Lasix so that aint helping any. lol