Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 07-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #1

Question What Do the Light Switches Control In 1996 22L Classic?

There are four white/ivory light switches in my trailer. One in front right, one near door, one in bathroom above the center cabinet and on on the left above the sink.

I know that the one near the door and the one near the sink control the outside light by the door. And, the one over the sink controls the outside light on the left side of the trailer.

The one in the front blows the fuse every time I turn it on. Does it only control the light in the front of the trailer?

What is the switch in the bathroom supposed to do?

Thanks!'

New group member and new Hi-Lo owner. Did the normal progression (camper to trailer(s) to motorhome to hotels) years ago.

Bob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #2

Default Possibility!

If it is like my 93, the switch is so you can leave the one over the shower on and turn it off here. Therefore, when you get ready to get in the shower you control it with this switch. Likewise to get out of the shower. The shower switch will work, but it is not really convenient to reach over to where it is located all the time. That is the way it works on our 22L.
If the shower light is "off", the switch over the sink/toilet will show to being nothing. The shower switch must be in the "on" position.

2006 King Ranch Ford F150
5.4 V-8
byrdmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #3

Default One down, one to go...

There was a short in the light over the shower, and now that it is fixed the light works. The switch does indeed turn on/off the shower light.

That still leaves the switch in the front. It is under the right (door side) candle light fixture, so maybe it controls them. If so, what controls the exterior light at the front of the trailer?
Bob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #4

Default Two Possibilities

There is a under the storage on the left side nearest the door. This particular switch can stay on all the time. Then when you walk up to your trailer you can control the light with the switch button up under the light lens. You turn this on and the light is working. Step up in the trailer and when you get ready to go to bed. You turn it off/on with the switch (ivory/white) nearest the door on the left side walking in. I will try and find a picture of the light that I had.
5.4 V-8
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #5

Default Pictures of Light/couldn't figure out how to attach to previous post

The button is where you place your hand around the handle. Just move your finger in upward position. This is how to control light from outside the camper. The first "ivory/white" switch under storage to left of door controls the light from inside if the light is left on from outside. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light 2.jpg (38.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg light.jpg (38.0 KB, 13 views)
5.4 V-8

Tags
classic, lights, switch