Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #1

Default What is it Worth?

Hello Forum. This is my first post. I recently purchased a new to my family camper trailer. So my 1996 HILO 2896B is going up for sale. My family has outgrown our HILO. Hate to sell it but its time to go to a new owner. My HILO is extremely clean. Rate it at least an eight overall. It will need a main seal at some point because you can see daylight in a couple spots. (I should clarify the daylight comment. When you are inside with top extended you can see in between the seal to the outside in a spot or two. Just where the 2 halves come together. It has NO leaks at all. Roof has been maintained. Newer tires and all the bearings have been replaced. Has a power tongue jack also. The major thing it needs is a new awning. Framing is good but the fabric is coming apart.

I figured you guys would know what its worth? I'm located in Michigan if anyone is interested as well. Thank you for any help I can get

MICamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICamper View Post
Hello Forum. This is my first post. I recently purchased a new to my family camper trailer. So my 1996 HILO 2896B is going up for sale. My family has outgrown our HILO. Hate to sell it but its time to go to a new owner. My HILO is extremely clean. Rate it at least an eight overall. It will need a main seal at some point because you can see daylight in a couple spots. (Hasn't bothered me at all) Newer tires and all the bearings have been replaced. Has a power tongue jack also. The major thing it needs is a new awning. Framing is good but the fabric is coming apart.

I figured you guys would know what its worth? I'm located in Michigan if anyone is interested as well. Thank you for any help I can get
Post interior and exterior pictures?

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #3

Default Photos

Yes she needs to be washed. We have had some rain and the tree has pooped on it! Exterior is in pretty nice shape and cleans up nice though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0121171023.jpg (244.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0121171024.jpg (171.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 0121171023d.jpg (190.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 0121171023e.jpg (190.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICamper View Post
Hello Forum. This is my first post. I recently purchased a new to my family camper trailer. So my 1996 HILO 2896B is going up for sale. My family has outgrown our HILO. Hate to sell it but its time to go to a new owner. My HILO is extremely clean. Rate it at least an eight overall. It will need a main seal at some point because you can see daylight in a couple spots. (Hasn't bothered me at all) Newer tires and all the bearings have been replaced. Has a power tongue jack also. The major thing it needs is a new awning. Framing is good but the fabric is coming apart.

Welcome to the forum. This should get you in the ballpark. The NADA guide is a little high. See if you can find a similar model for sale on line (oodle.com rvtrader.com) and see what others are asking.

1996 Hi Lo Hi-Lo 28B Prices, Values & Specs, 1996 Hi Lo Hi-Lo 28B Equipment Options | NADAguides, RV Values & Prices
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:39 PM   #5

Thank you for helping @RCREYES
Old 01-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
Site Team

It looks VERY nice, but I'm concerned about your statement that you "can see daylight". Has any water penetrated? Is there water damage?

If not, seal those cracks and ask near the top price for it.

- Jack
Old 01-31-2017, 02:41 PM   #7

I should clarify the daylight comment. When you are inside with top extended you can see in between the seal to the outside in a spot or two. Just where the 2 halves come together. It has NO leaks at all. Roof has been maintained.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #8
sam

Default Selling HiLo

You can let anyone interested know that they can get awning material and replace as a do it your self project. Does the cables need to be adjusted so it seals better? Or do the entire seals need to be replaced?
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #9

The "seal " issue is indeed an issue but not a deal breaker. I now have a section missing on my own trailer, as a matter of fact, and it needs to be dealt with. However, it does not generally reduced the ability to use it-----just a spot for dirt and bugs and , possibly, tiny critters to enter. Replacing it is definitely "a job" but one many have done. If you did it yourself, then your cost is only the materials. If you have somebody else do it- then cost increases considerably because of the labor. I am guessing most shops would bid it at at least 8 hours , if not more. The top and bottom need to be separated in order to do it and other things should then be replaced while you are at it.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote