Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #1

Default Where is a microwave oven plugged in?

Question for anyone who owns a 2209T Towlite that doesn't have a built in microwave. Where do you plug it in?

This is why I ask. I was looking at the Elixir 45 converter today. The #6, 20A breaker is for the microwave. Well, since I don't have a built in micro, I'm presuming an open 120VAC receptical is wired to that breaker.

I found a duplex receptical that has a GFI on it, which is on the refrigerator wall and next to the stove top.

Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #2

Three weeks ago, while modifying the cabinet door mounted below our oven (conventional), low and behold, way in the inside back corner of the cabinet I discovered a duplex AC outlet. My first (and only) thought was that this would be the power outlet for a microwave if our trailer had been so equipped.

Our Hi-Lo is a different model from yours, but they may have set it up similarly.

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

We have the oven in our 2209T, the option was one or the other. Either one went at the same place. The power outlet for the micro wave is in the back of the cabinet to the left of the oven, not very useful for anything else.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Question for anyone who owns a 2209T Towlite that doesn't have a built in microwave. Where do you plug it in?

This is why I ask. I was looking at the Elixir 45 converter today. The #6, 20A breaker is for the microwave. Well, since I don't have a built in micro, I'm presuming an open 120VAC receptical is wired to that breaker.

I found a duplex receptical that has a GFI on it, which is on the refrigerator wall and next to the stove top.
On my 2206T, the plug for the microwave is under the kitchen sink with an extra hole in the cabinet for the cord.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #5

Our unit came with the built-in microwave. The wife uses her toaster/oven quite often. We found a "hidden" outlet inside our wardrobe. Our wardrobe is located next to the refridge. This gives us a rather large counter top to work on. There is a round hole in the backside of the wardrobe (factory placement) that we run the electrical cord from the power strip and plug it in.
Thus no dangling cords.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDoering View Post
Three weeks ago, while modifying the cabinet door mounted below our oven (conventional), low and behold, way in the inside back corner of the cabinet I discovered a duplex AC outlet. My first (and only) thought was that this would be the power outlet for a microwave if our trailer had been so equipped.

Our Hi-Lo is a different model from yours, but they may have set it up similarly.

Jim
Jim,
The AC outlet you found under your stove in the back corner (if you pull out the drawer below the stove) That is where my converter/charger is mounted on the side wall and plugged into that outlet. Not sure if this is the original converter/charger and that is the original spot it was mounted though.