Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles Discussions about tow vehicles, tow systems, hitching, leveling, jacks and more.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1

Default A & E Electric Tongue Jack

The switch on our tongue jack messed up and we ordered a new one but we cannot find the slo-blow fuse!!!!!!!!!! Any help locating it would be appreciated. Hubby and I have looked and looked and our diagram doesn't show were it is located!
Thanks Becky

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #2

Usually the power jacks have an inline fuse close to the jack itself. Also try looking near the battery. Hope this helps.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
sam

Default A&E Tongue Jack

Look in your paper work for a co. website or phone #. You also could do an internet search. Have your model # handy. We were really dump about the power jack that came with our classic. We got rid of it because it was noisy. It probably just needed to have the cover taken off and lubricated. Now each season we follow the recomended preventive check/maintenance. Best of luck in getting your problem solved.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
The switch on our tongue jack messed up and we ordered a new one but we cannot find the slo-blow fuse!!!!!!!!!! Any help locating it would be appreciated. Hubby and I have looked and looked and our diagram doesn't show were it is located!
Thanks Becky
On my Barker, the fuse is in line about a foot from the motor itself. There is another 2 or 3 feet from the fuse to the end that attaches to the battery.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #5

Still have not found the slow blo fuse it is nowhere aroung the jack or battery,
we traced all of the lines outside.
The paper work from the trailer just mentions the slo blow fuse but doesn't say where it is located. Hubby got the switch working but something is still off.Guess we will have to search for the wires inside!
Becky
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
sam

Default Repairing A&E tongue jack

Spent some time on the net for A&E tongue jack. Couldn't find the actual co. I was thinking someone bought them out years ago. Anyway,I wanted to offer this help.Mantelli trailer sales 1-716-625-8877. Ask for Jay Simon in parts or Steve Brandell in service. Hopefully with all their combined years of Hi Lo experience they can help you trouble shoot your jack. Keep us posted.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #7

A&E is part of Dometic and I haven't found any tongue jacks on their website. Are you sure it is A&E or is it Atwood? That is what our tongue jack is.
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/chassis-...ower-jacks.asp

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote