Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #1

Post 1968 Bon Voyage... I do believe ~

I recently purchased this Lil rascal, for a measly $250.00 and I am overwhelmed with the great condition it is in. After passing by it for months sitting on the edge of a field as pictured... I finally decided to stop and inquire if the fella cared to sell. It has a few flaws, but overall... I am very pleased, and thrilled I am the new owner !

I was a little confused on what model it was, due to the fact that the title states Model A12. I later found the identification plate, which is imprinted with Model 200. From my research on this site, I am pretty sure I have a Bon Voyage. If I am incorrect please advise.

It still needs a deep down clean but I did not find any structural damage or leaks at all and he towed wonderfully. I have not tried to operate anything other than what can be ran via 110 for the electrical sockets. I did find which is to be expected some slight pin holes in the copper piping, so I have not tried to run any water through it's system.

I adore this camper... all but the interior walls and cabinets . I really would like to keep him original... but I despise this type of paneling ! As a child we had something similar and weekly dusting was my chore, and here over 30 years later I dislike it. I really did not want to paint over it, for I would be ruining it's originality. But there are a few places that are rippled and slightly gauged, but they are not bad enough that they could not be filled and painted over... if that is what I choose to do. Then I thought to replace them with birch, walnut or the more economical Luan ply. Not sure really what to do, or how difficult the task would be... so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (19.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (12.4 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (4.2 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 07.jpg (3.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (23.5 KB, 110 views)

Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
sam

Default 1968 Bon Voyage

I would get it all cleaned up interior and exterior. Next get all the systems working. Safety first with furnace,water heater and stove that are this old. Appliances this old may need to be replaced. Then I would use it to see if the layout works for you. Maybe fix up the interior to your liking.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #3

Default Awesome

If this was in the oil fields of west Texas, you could be renting it out for 4-6 hundred a MONTH. What a find! As far as keeping it "original", I say let your imagination run wild and decorate it as you would like. Congrats
byrdmeister is offline   Reply With Quote