Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #1

Default 1988 21' in quebec canada

I bought it last year. I love it. Few minor exterior reparation will be done this year. Otherwise all work really great.

danmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
sam

Default Photos of HiLo

danmp,welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting pictures of your unit. Looks to be in great shape. Do a little routine maintenance and you will be all set to camp this season. Best of luck and safe travels.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
gus

very nice pics and your trailer looks great, if you don't mind me asking, what is the blue light in the interior pics for?
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #4

You SHOULD love it-thats a great looking trailer. Love the wheel covers and whitewalls.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #5

That's a great looking trailer. I thought us NM rednecks were the only ones that used washing machine drums as fire pits, though. A large rack from a Weber grill across the top of those is a great way to grill steaks after you burn the wood down to coals.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
danmp,welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting pictures of your unit. Looks to be in great shape. Do a little routine maintenance and you will be all set to camp this season. Best of luck and safe travels.
I converted almost all light inside for led light. Because I use it for the job sometime, and last year I stayed at the same place for about 1 month without city water or electricity.So the led are better for the battery lifetime.

The blue light are only for when we watch some movie ( only two light in the trailer are blue. Not so useful , but I like them :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
That's a great looking trailer. I thought us NM rednecks were the only ones that used washing machine drums as fire pits, though.
In most camping here , they use washing machine drum haha

The wheel cover are from an old corvette. I got it with the trailer :P
I really love this trailer, and there is almost no hilo trailer in quebec. So it's really eye catching here :P
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
gus

I agree, the blue light does look cool, I was wondering if there was other use other than aesthetic, I will install one in mine if I come across one. and your hi lo stands out maybe there aren't that many of them over there, but one look at the pic and we see something familiar, I am sure if I run into another hi lo owner we will feel certain connection or something like that, perhaps thats how ferrari owners feel like when they see one, in general I like all hi lo's old and new.
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #8

Nice trailer. My son-in-law and daughter have the same exact model, only 1 year newer.........a 1989 Hi-Lo Funchaser.

Thanks for posting the pics.
89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #9

At night

Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

what type of lights do you have lighting up the lower half, they look very cool!
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #11

Very nice!!!!!! We have an '89 that looks just like yours and would like to do the same light mod on the outside.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #12

I used a 3 x 5m warm white led. I connected it to a switch Inside. That's look very very cool. And it's also usefull.

5M 3528 SMD Warm White Waterproof LED Lamp Strip Light | eBay

There is 2 new picture, the quality is better

Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #13

That is super cool!!!!!!!! My son-in-law and I want to do this mod and with the warm white lights like yours. We like the lights for 2 reasons. When we arrive at the campsite at night we have to use a flashlight or battery powered lantern to hook up, place the leveling jacks, light the water heater pilot and run our sewer hose. We also like the general lighting it gives in the early evening hours.

We were thinking about connecting them to a cigarette lighter plug or switch inside the upper cabinet right next to our door.

We have 2 questions for you:

-Did you attach them using the 3m adhesive only? How did you attach them? It gets hot down here in Houston and we are thinking the adhesive won't hold. We were thinking about using the adhesive and stapling them making sure not to puncture the light enclosure.

-How and where did you wire yours into the power source?

We thought it would be cool to have an external outdoor switch to be able to turn them on and off manually. As we arrived on site we would turn them on and this would also aid us in backing up upon the pad. Also we get some pretty good looks when we pull up since we are usually the only Hi-Lo there. I'll bet we would get more double-take looks arriving at the site.

Again, that's a cool mod. Thanks for sharing here.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #14

Default Super cool LED

Hey 89 Hi-Lo, what area of Houston are you located? We live in Sugar Land. I think those lights are the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. We know what you guys mean about being the only Hi-Lo in a campground. I've even had people stop ,by and ring the doorbell to ask if they could take pictures of ours. It seems that Hi-Lo was much more popular up North and on the east coast than in the south and southwest. Most people we encounter down here are pulling a gazillion pound 5th wheel with a huge diesel truck. Don't get me wrong you diesel lovers, I liked mine when I had it but with the new emissions laws and the price of fuel we were forced to go back to an F 150 gas rig, which does very well thank you.
danmp, getting back to the light mod how do the power wires get routed and what did you use to attach them to the fiberglass. I looked on e-bay at the lights and that's not a bad price. How long in feet is that roll of lights. I have 82 feet of area to cover with my 33 footer. What area of the country are you located? Thanks for sharing you mod with us. That is really waaaay cool!
bearshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Hilo View Post
That is super cool!!!!!!!! My son-in-law and I want to do this mod and with the warm white lights like yours. We like the lights for 2 reasons. When we arrive at the campsite at night we have to use a flashlight or battery powered lantern to hook up, place the leveling jacks, light the water heater pilot and run our sewer hose. We also like the general lighting it gives in the early evening hours.

We were thinking about connecting them to a cigarette lighter plug or switch inside the upper cabinet right next to our door.

We have 2 questions for you:

-Did you attach them using the 3m adhesive only? How did you attach them? It gets hot down here in Houston and we are thinking the adhesive won't hold. We were thinking about using the adhesive and stapling them making sure not to puncture the light enclosure.

-How and where did you wire yours into the power source?

We thought it would be cool to have an external outdoor switch to be able to turn them on and off manually. As we arrived on site we would turn them on and this would also aid us in backing up upon the pad. Also we get some pretty good looks when we pull up since we are usually the only Hi-Lo there. I'll bet we would get more double-take looks arriving at the site.

Again, that's a cool mod. Thanks for sharing here.
First, please excuse my English. I'm french, I'm not so bad in English but it's not my first language

For you first question, I didn't use only the 3m tape, I use the 3m and every 6-10 inches I put a staple ( not the one for the paper )

For the power I use a wire that pass between the upper and lower section neat the door. My hilo don't have all original halogene light inside. So I have the original swith and a switch on the recent light. So I plug my led on the wire between the original switch and the new light. So I can light up both or only the outside.

I cannot take picture for now, I'm out of home for work since last tuesday.

This weekend will be the first with the hilo since I installed the light.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearshrum View Post
Hey 89 Hi-Lo, what area of Houston are you located? We live in Sugar Land. I think those lights are the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. We know what you guys mean about being the only Hi-Lo in a campground. I've even had people stop ,by and ring the doorbell to ask if they could take pictures of ours. It seems that Hi-Lo was much more popular up North and on the east coast than in the south and southwest. Most people we encounter down here are pulling a gazillion pound 5th wheel with a huge diesel truck. Don't get me wrong you diesel lovers, I liked mine when I had it but with the new emissions laws and the price of fuel we were forced to go back to an F 150 gas rig, which does very well thank you.
danmp, getting back to the light mod how do the power wires get routed and what did you use to attach them to the fiberglass. I looked on e-bay at the lights and that's not a bad price. How long in feet is that roll of lights. I have 82 feet of area to cover with my 33 footer. What area of the country are you located? Thanks for sharing you mod with us. That is really waaaay cool!
Check on eBay carefully, I got mine for 7$ for 5m. I used 3 x 5 m for a 22".

That the same thing for the hilo here. They are really attractive and everybody in the camping come to see. I'm curious to see what it will be with the led.

There is almost no hilo here in the province of Québec . In fact the only one I saw, it was mine

Even when I bought it I didn't know what I was supposed to buy. The dealer said by phone that the leveling system ( In french that almost the same word that for the front jack) So i was thinking that was not impressive that a 30$ jack was new haha

I was so impressed to see all the trailer lift in the air. I really love this trailer

I will post some picture of my weekend next week
Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #17

Danmp, thanks for the info. I think staples would work well and keep the lights in place. We are going to do this mod. Thanks for your pics and help.

How did you connect them since they are only 5m long? Did you solder them?

Your English is 100% better than my French!!!!! LOL

Bearschrum, we live inside the 610 Loop near West U and Bellaire. We are probably less than 30 minutes from you. We've taken our 22' Funchaser out about 5 times now and have not seen another Hi-Lo on the campgrounds.

We were seriously considering buying the rig you ended up getting in Florida. Small world. LOL
Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #18

For the connection between the 5m section is not complicated for the one I had, they have wires already soldered at both end
Old 06-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmp View Post
For the connection between the 5m section is not complicated for the one I had, they have wires already soldered at both end
Thanks for that info. I ordered 4 sets of those 5m lights from the same place you recommended off ebay.

Instead of putting the lights around the doorway on top, we are thinking about putting a separate set along the bottom of the door so you see one continuous line of LEDs. We just have to figure out how to run the wiring along the door hinge.

The lights you recommend have 300 LEDs on each 5m strip. I saw some that had 600 LEDs on each 5m strip. As much as I like lights, I think 600 LEDs might be too much light and might even bother the neighbors. For visibility and general security, we are thinking about running these lights all night.

The lights are on the way and we will keep you updated on our progress with this mod.

Thanks again for all your help!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #20

looks like I will be the next native Houstonian to have these on a Hi-LO, lol! Glad there are some folks in my neck of the woods still getting good use out of a damn good rv.

goodolboy1080 is offline   Reply With Quote