Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 03-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

Default 2ND trip successful

Just got back from our 2nd trip out for the weekend. Everything went well. New fridge works great and the tiny electric space heater kept it toasty warm in there even when it went down to 34 degrees Friday night. Here's a few pics including a couple of the awning I built set up. All in all a great trip. Love the trailer!

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #2

There seems to be a problem with the attachment uploader on the page. My camera is taking images too large to post as images so I was using a converter to convert them to pdf. The pdf I am trying to upload is only 3.4 MB but it won't upload it. Shows a percentage of download and it goes up to around 85% then says file upload failed. Don't know what the problem is.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Jon, I had the exact same problem when I tried to upload the pictures of my solar power addition.

I finally uploaded the pictures I wanted to post into my PhotoBucket account (it's free and you just drag and drop them into PhotoBucket - size is no issue) and then you can copy the "IMG" URL by clicking on it in PhotoBucket and then just paste it into the text of a post here. The result is actually better than the "thumbnail" images that the "Manage Attachments" feature gave us.

I suspect you could use other cloud storage too, such as Flickr or Box which I also have accounts in and are also free.

- Jack
Old 03-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Well I tried it Jack. But it says the remote file is too large. Here are links to them on photobucket. That's the only other thing I know to do.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...psd0wmqysw.jpg

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...psie8exuiw.jpg

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps7lfwkx38.jpg

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/w...pszdkwsxeu.jpg
Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Strange. Just in case you didn't understand my vague instructions:
1. After you load your pictures into PhotoBucket, click on one of them to view it.
2. Then, left click the "IMG" link that's to the right of the photo. PhotoBucket will say, "Copied". Don't click the "HTML" link - that one won't work.
3. Come back to your post - ignore the "Manage Attachments" button and just right click inside the text you are typing.
4. Click "Paste" and the link you copied will appear in the draft text.
5. When you save the post, the links will all turn into pictures.
I just tried it with a picture of the "blood moon" I took last year:

Seems to be working.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:46 AM   #6

Oh. Yeah that's what I did. It does work that way just not through the manage attachments section of the forum. So the links above should be the pics I took this past weekend. And you are right, the pictures look much better on there than on the normal pictures posted to the forum. For some reason they didn't turn into pics once posted here but they are there if anyone is interested. Thanks Jack!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 AM   #7

Old 03-02-2015, 06:50 AM   #8

Well, I guess that did work. Ok, guess I did something wrong. That worked. Thanks again Jack.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #9

Old 03-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
Site Team

You're most welcome!

The DIY awning looks very good.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit429 View Post
Well, I guess that did work. Ok, guess I did something wrong. That worked. Thanks again Jack.
Jon, in looking at your photos, your 1988 Hi-Lo looks brand new. The previous owner must have stored it inside, or you put some elbow grease into cleaning up the outer skin of the Hi-Lo.

Dee
Hi-Lo 2509C
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #12

It's definitely just in the photos Dee. It's kinda rough and I actually want to paint the entire outside bright white and get some more modern decal work done on it. That's another project that is still in the planning stage. I wish I could find a small piece of the siding as I need to take off the fridge vent on the upper half and patch the hole. I dont need it anymore as I installed an electric only fridge and I set my television on the raised portion of counter where the message center is. Turns out that the speaker is on the bottom and gets into that hollow panel so vent kinda turns into an outdoor speaker. I hate to ruin other campers peace and quiet so I need to fix that before the next trip out.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #13

Good job, MISFIT. The trailer and photos look great. Where was the destination? Looks nice.
Tennessee/Greenest state in the land of the free
moonstruckblog.wordpress.com
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #14

That was Village Creek State Park in Lumberton, Texas. Small park with only 25 campsites but a pretty nice place to get away for the weekend. Just north of Beaumont, Texas. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #15
gus

Nice rig misfit, with some paint on the outside and some new rv vinyl tape, it will look sharp.
btw what size motor do you have on the Grand Cherokee ?
gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:29 AM   #16

looks great. I was checking out your awning, nice simple design. How did you make it stay in the C-channel? that's the only part I can't quite figure out. I'm still needing to do an awning for mine, and putting a new retractable on isn't an option I don't think
guitarman023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #17

Thanks Gus. Believe it or not I'm pulling it with a 242 C.I. straight 6. It actually pulls it fairly well. Haven't been where it's really hilly or mountainous. Will probably have some issues there. But it's ok on this flat Texas Gulf Coast. Guitarman, I just used some 1/4" Poly tubing in the C-channel. Fold the tarp around it so it's doubled in the channel around the tubing and slide it in. The frame is 3/4" PVC. Used 3 way connectors in the corners. Drilled a 1/4" hole in the top side and put some 1/4" bolts sticking up to put tarp grommet over with a flat washer and nut on top to hold it to frame. Center of front is a "T" connector done the same way. Extra bolt sticking out is where I attach stake ropes. On the legs, I put a cap on the bottom with the same bolt so there is something to stick in the ground to anchor leg bottoms. Used 2 threaded galvanized floor flanges attached to the outer wall of trailer with a threaded coupling screwed into it to attach side frames to trailer. Takes about 15 minutes to assemble/disassemble. Used a 9 X 12 tarp. Held up through a large rain storm this past weekend and costed about $65 to build.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #18
gus

You can't beat $65, and from the way you are describing the pieces to hold it, you must be great with figuring out uses for pvc pipe other than plumbing. I have seen a lot of youtube videos for using pvc in making potato guns bow and arrow and alot of other stuff, I suppose your imagination is the limit.
I used to have a jeep like yours 99 with the inline 6, it was great truck to drive, the main reason I sold it because it was a 2wd and the hitch on it was rated at 3500 lb. I still love working on them as they are easy to repair and parts are available everywhere. What is your mpg when you are pulling your hi-lo ?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #19

The rating on my hitch is 5000. V-8 goes up to 6500. Its on the factory tag thats still on the hitch. My Hi-Lo is rated at 3900 lbs. and it pulls it pretty well. I don't think the onboard computer is figuring my mileage right as I have changed tire and wheel size. Never done the actual math to get a true figure but I think around 15 to 16 MPG. I love these Grand Cherokees also. My first one was a 93 Grand Waggoneer. Last year it was made but was same body style as G. Cherokee. It was 4WD with a 318 V-8. It was very luxurious on the inside and rode really smooth. The one I have now is a Limited. The luxury is there but not the ride. They should have stuck with the 93 suspension. Smooths out when I hook the trailer to it though. LOL. I really do like them though. Great vehicle.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #20
gus

The 318 must be the same one that is in our 97, they used that in all Dodge trucks, the Durango also, it has a lot of torque to pull, but when I am pulling the camper thru decent size hills, I disable the overdrive when I get below 50 mph, otherwise it starts to slow down.
Ride wise, I think yours have a lot nicer ride than mine, the 99 and newer feel more like a car ride, mine feels like a truck, I think also the 4wd adds to the rough ride, specially when turning the steering wheel.
The 99 front suspension is almost the same as the older ones, on the rear suspension I see slightly different setup.
I get around 15 mpg pulling the hi-lo which is decent for pulling that much weight.
oh one thing I almost forgot, on my 99, the electric fan and/or fan relay kept going bad, didn't stop completely but you can see it not pulling fast enough to cool, but it was easy to fix and relatively cheap on the parts.