Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #21

I guess it must have been just the Waggoneer that had that really smooth ride. It was always the top of the food chain in Jeep's lineup. That thing was 4WD and still rode super smooth. That was the first one I had and when I went shopping for the one I have now, I had expectations of the same ride. After test driving several I realized that it must have just been the Waggoneer. The ride on mine is a bit bouncy but I still love that Jeep. I like the new ones too but way out of my price range. I'd like to get the SRT. Hi Lo would be flapping in the wind behind it. LOL. Maybe one day.

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #22
gus

People attributed the bouncy ride to the fact that Jeeps have a short wheel base, hence a ride in a Wrangle is the bounciest ride you can ever have, but these vehicles were designed from the start to be off road capable and the suspensions vertical travel is high so it can clear rocks and what have you..
I am with you on the newer Grand Cherokees, they look sharp and way above my price range (we paid $1500 for the 97 at a car auction, and it runs perfect), then again I read that they are based on Mercedes SUV, with Chrysler engines, perhaps that is why they ride smooth, but I don't think they are off road capable like the older ones.
There are speculation that Jeep is planning to bring back the Grand Waggoneer in 2018, I am not sure if they will have the wood paneling.

gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #23

It was a good trip but they are never long enough. Only 20 yrs to go to retirement. LOL

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote