Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 10-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #101
Site Team

I hope that was the case. You really did a nice job with the ceiling tile. I'd hate to learn it was for naught.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #102

Let me know what kind of adhesive you end up using, that's a great idea and I haven't done the ceiling of my camper yet.

guitarman023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #103

Guitarman, I haven't actually lost any tile using the AcrylPro ceramic tile adhesive that was recommended for the tile. There are a couple of spots that a corner may have come loose but I think that was just not enough adhesive. Also, upon completion you are supposed to caulk in between the tiles which sort of locks everything together. I have not done that yet so that would also help everything stay together.
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit429 View Post
Guitarman, I haven't actually lost any tile using the AcrylPro ceramic tile adhesive that was recommended for the tile. There are a couple of spots that a corner may have come loose but I think that was just not enough adhesive. Also, upon completion you are supposed to caulk in between the tiles which sort of locks everything together. I have not done that yet so that would also help everything stay together.
cool thanks
Old 02-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #105

Finally got back to work on my trailer for a change this weekend. Got the chopsaw out and started trimming the floor and installed a new fridge. After putting new formica in the trailer I have been working on, I discovered I need to do another project on mine. So sometime in the near future I will be posting pics of new countertop and table that will be getting redone. If my sidejobs permit the time that is. LOL
Old 02-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit429 View Post
Thanks Jack. The trick is it is styrofoam so certain chemicals, like liquid nail, will melt the tiles. I think the silicone will work. Just has to be something that will flex with the trailer.
Misfit, I used the heavy duty liquid nails when I remodeled my 1996 Hi-Lo to install the ceiling and the walls. That was almost 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems. Like you I thought it would eat thru the foam, but Sam used it so I gave it a try and it worked fine. I know the old kind would eat thru foam, but this new VOC stuff didn't.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #107
sam

Default HiLo repairs

Several years ago we used heavy duty liquid nails to reinstall Styrofoam,1/8th birch board and new panelling. It has held up very well with extremes of hot and cold weather.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #108

Thanks guys. That is good to know. The ceramic tile adhesive dries too hard and I have had a few tiles pop loose. I will use the liquid nail to reinstall them as they come loose and one day I will have a trouble free ceiling again. LOL
Old 06-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #109

Came out really nice---you did a very good job!
lex ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #110

Thanks Lex. It was a lot of work and I still have just a couple of small things to do for it to be completely done. I will never get the money I have in it back out of it so I may end up keeping it. The dinette cushions are being reupholstered now and I have been caulking between the ceiling tiles. It's a great trailer but being an "88 I just don't think I will get an offer that I can live with knowing what I have in it.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #111

Default we are doing the same thing...

My wife is working on the interior and will paint cabinet light grey, grey wooden floorings and white walls and change all cabinet and drawer handles black.
I am working on removing all the graphics and prints and it sure is taking a long time! I will be painting the body either satin black or flat black and window trimmings glossy black and the wheels will be flat black with red trimmings. You might be wondering why black...because we will be pulling it with an all black Hummer H2, which I had de-chromed. Hope it comes out really nice the way I have pictured it!
Is it easy to remove the carpet beside the bed and the one under the table?
lex ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #112
sam

Default Remodeling

I have not removed my carpet between my sofa/beds and under the dinette. I would suggest that you shampoo them up. Next Scotch guard them and go camping. I have additional throw rug under the dinette. It is nice to have some carpet underfoot on a chilly morning. See how much they annoy you or not. In the rest of the HiLo I had a flooring place replace the vinyl. I have throw rugs and a length of hall runner carpet and throw rugs in the BR. The flooring place used a floor patch then glue and vinyl. The challenge is not to add any more height to the floor in our 1990 Classic. Last campout I had a few of my glass bowls coming flying out when the door was opened up. If I hadn't had carpet it would have sliced the floor. Just some things to consider.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #113

That carpet is not easy to remove. It is stapled down, not put in on tack strips. Use a flat bar and hammer to drive under the carpet edge and pry up. These are large staples and they either have to be removed or hammered down flush with the floor before putting in your new wood floor. One of the problems I ran into is these trailers are built for quantity and not quality so nothing was square. Get ready to cut stuff out of square to fit or cut it short and cover gaps with trim. Sounds like a good color scheme but I'm worried about the black absorbing heat from the sun in the summer. But the AC is usually much bigger than needed for a small trailer so it should be OK. Looking forward to seeing pics of your project. Start a build thread and post pics along the way! Best of luck Lex and if I can be of any assistance, email me at misfit429@gmail.com.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #114

Default Thanks Misfit

I had the opportunity to purchase this remodeled trailer from misfit last weekend. It was a great remodel and the wife and I are looking forward to taking it out.
tamukern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamukern View Post
I had the opportunity to purchase this remodeled trailer from misfit last weekend. It was a great remodel and the wife and I are looking forward to taking it out.
Welcome to the forum. Yes, Misfit did an excellent job with his remodel. Hope you get many years of enjoyment with your Hi-Lo.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #116

So glad to see my little trailer go to such great people! I want to wish you both the best of times in your travels and many happy memories of your camping trips. Please post pics of your adventures so I can see what I'm missing out on! Just kidding. But really, post pics. Looking forward to seeing them.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #117

Can you give me any more information about the tiles? Size, make and any other information you think I may need to do my ceiling. I been looking for some like them and cannot find any. Thanks
Terry1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #118

I also wanted to see how those tiles held up. Thinking of doing something similar with my ceiling