Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
sam

Default 90HiLo RestorationThe police came.

Yesterday , I stayed overnight in my HiLo and worked until 2am. The furnice worked great. Hubby came after work and we were in ourHiLo minding our business. Knock,Knock. It was thge police. My mother's security system went off. They asked us to get out of ou"Motor Home" We had to show our ID and reassure them that I was her daugher and I had permission to go in her house. We went into the house and found no problems except all my information to shut the system off waS AT MY HOUSE. The policeman told we had a nice trailer. Just as the were about to leave my Mother came home and was able to shut the alarm off. She read the code and had to change a battery in one of the sensors. Then she informed me that the alarm had beeped yesterday and she reset it. Hard to get mad at an 80yr. old women. Never funny when it is happening,but some how seems funny in the retelling.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Thanks, for the chuckle, Sam. It brought back memories from work. I opened up in the morning and then the powers that be decided to change the alarm codes, but forgot to give me a new code. As you say not funny at the time.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #3

We were camping in public land along the banks of the Virgin River - not an official campground. I was at the fire and my wife was asleep. Suddenly I get a flashlight in my eyes and was told "Police - please stand up slowly." I did. Two cops, one with a shot gun politely asked for ID, asked if anyone was in the trailer, then made sure she was alone in there. They said thank you and left without explanation. It turns out a recently paroled inmate had attacked his wife with a knife and they thought he might be in the area. I never carry a gun with me but it made me consider it.
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
sam

Default Security system alarms and the Police.

One time ,I knew the secretary at church had car trouble and I figured she was already in the building. I let myself in and the alarm went off because I had no alarm code. I just locked the building and went home and called the secretary at home. Guess who was given the alarm code after that. Each police response costs $75.00. Maybe two are free. Recently someone threw a brick through a window at our church. Probably testing to see if we had the alarm on. The police came and some one that lives near cameout at 2am to board up the broken window. He let them in to search the building and it was reported that they had taser guns drawn and ready to use. No one was in the building. Another time my hubby went into the church on a Sunday and found that someone had broken into the office because the alarm wasn't on and dragged a floor safe to the top of a set of stairs. They must have decided it was too heavy to deal with. Their was nothing in the safe. Two of the men put thee safe back in the office and never thought to call the police. Later the pastor called the police and they descovered a window where the theif got in. One more true story. We were camping at a Srtate campsite and we came back at 10PM. The Park Police and a State trooper were shinning a flashlight in every car to check for a wanted man. He had killed a state trooper on the run. It took them several months before they caught him.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
sam

Default Police at campsites

My mother called me today to see if I was still traumatizised by yesterdays police incident!111