Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
sam

Default Frustrating experience getting Alum. blinds from HD

Went into HD and ordered custom aluminum blinds. Delivery date was to be April 8th,2014. Still no show at our home four days later. Called the store to check on our order. Got a clerk that was just covering lunch time. He couldn't tell me why the order had been canceled. New delivery date of 4-27-2014. The next day I got a call from customer service stating they didn't know why the order had been canceled. Stated The blind co. made a computer order x2. I will be receiving two sets of blinds. Each order is six blinds. Then they want me to bring the first order empty boxes back. Then when the second order is delivered I am to bring it back to the store unopened. Say what!! What is in it for me to make two trips to the store for their goof!! In the meantime my charge bill came in and I had to pay for the blinds I don't have. My thinking isn't quite right as I am on pain pills after major surgery. Then I told precious in customer service that the co. would not be able to resell the short squaty blinds for a camping trailer. If she gave me a huge discount maybe I could resell them to a person with an older HiLo. Anyone want to take bets as to wether I actually get my blinds. I might even get two sets. The life of a "domestic goddess". Glad I ordered early as I would like to get them installed by our campout in May.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #2

Default You mean HD is like this in other places??????

If you want to learn patience or break down and go postal, just try the Home Depot in Odessa, TX!!!!! LOL/Crying It is a crap shoot at each visit. I really think I must be sadistical to even think about going back!

byrdmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
sam

Default ordering blinds at HD

I hate to get down on HD as my daughter works at the Niagara Falls location as a greeter and is training to be a relief cashier. Recently we need one last rack to hang items on. Our N.F. location showed a white one in stock. The manager couldn't find it for me. They wouldn't ship the part from another store as it was under $20.00. We made a one and a half hour trip to get this last part to complete a two yr. remodel. We have some smaller hardware stores in the area. Our lowes is45 minutes each way. Then if you need a return it is far away. I can't believe the blind company wouldn't just cancel the duplicate order. Tale of woe to be continued.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #4

Why do they want the empty boxes? I'm sure HD has a truck, tell them after they arrive to come pick them up at their leisure, but of course you will be charging storage after 1 week. I don't see where it's your responsibility to return to the store because they don't know what they're doing. Tell them to come and get them or send you a return shipping label for UPS or FEDEX and have them pick them up.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #5

If you got charged for both you should file a complaint with your credit card.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #6
sam

Default Got blinds today

The Fed x truck showed up with my blinds today. It was six boxes and we didn't have to sign anything. DH unpacked three of the boxes and discovered each box contained two blinds of each size. The total second order is unopened. I don't get why I have to return the empty boxes or the second order. Not sure if all the wands are in the boxes. DH and daughter under protest went over to the HiLo and removed the cover. It will remain off. Tomorrow is install day. I will return the items to HD as we drop daughter off there for work. Most defeniately I will not pay a second charge bill for something I didn't order. The blinds are levolor by Kirsh curtains. A division of rubber maid. Made in Mexico of course. Tonight I charged up the camera. Pictures in the near future.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
sam

Default Bad ending to blind saga.

DH opened one box of the blinds and attempted to install. All was going well until he realized the header was 1 and 1/2 inches. The header need to be 1inch square. Went home and gathered the remaining boxes of blinds and our paper work. Off to HD we went. The gal in blinds was busy with another customer. She asked what the problem was and stated one inch header blinds weren't available. The manager took them back minus a 15% stocking fee. My goof. Lesson learned always have them measure and then it would have been their goof. Burned out on trying to get the correct size blind. The clerk at the front desk couldn't give me a logical explination as to why the two orders. I'll hang onto my paper work to make sure they don't charge me for the second set of blinds. The first sales associate state some older Anderson windows also take a 1inch header blind and she knows of no co. that makes them. I've named our old blinds "space age" because of the two toned white and grey areas. This could be modern art!! defeniately different, custom. Our old blinds are very clean.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #8

I don't know if this will help anyone with HD, they are pretty big and unfriendly (No, probably not all of them), but our last mini-blinds came from Blinds & Window Treatments - Shop Window Coverings | Blindsgalore and our experience could not have been better. Very good product (aluminum) and very speedy.
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
sam

Default Getting blinds for HiLo Classic

These blinds were 1 inch aluminum. The header needs to be 1inch by 1inch. The slats are 1inch. Were the blinds for your HiLo?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #10

I'm not sure what you mean by "header" I guess. This blind was hung on the face of the window trim as opposed to being hung inside to inside. It comes with a 1 inch trim piece that snaps on the front of the blind if that part will be seen. I'm sending along two photos, one showing how the blind is mounted to the "face" of the window frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini 1.jpg (77.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg mini 2.jpg (90.0 KB, 18 views)
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #11
sam

Default Window blinds for Classic HiLo

The header is the top part of the blind. It is all metal. The wall of the HiLo slides down over the lower section. This creates a space that is only 1x1 inch. The pictures you have shown are for home blind installation. The header on this blind is probably 1 and 1/2 inches. Thanks for posting the picture and trying to help.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
sam

Default Getting blinds

I got on the website for Blinds.com. Then I called the help #. The sales associate was very helpful and they do carry a brand of aluminum blinds with the 1inch head rail. The brand is Norman and it is a new line for them in the Aluminum blind. Just waiting on the phone call to get the order finalized. I faxed in the sizes/paper work from HD. I hope this helps someone in the future to zero in on what you need faster.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
sam

Default Blinds for older HiLos not available

Got our blinds today from Blinds .com. The headrail was too big after my sheet metal fabricator explained to the sales rep that they had to be 1" x1". Called in and the rep. put us on hold for way too long. Called again and got many profuse apologies. The sales rep. reviewed our recored phone order and spoke with the supervisor. She called back and told us to donate the blinds to the salvation army or habitat for humanity. We have to get a donation slip and we will get our purchase credited off our credit card. We now have two options. Use the existing alum. blinds with the paint missing in spots. Try and spray paint the alum blind slats. DH expressed concern about the need to etch the blinds and then would the paint stick? I could take a small blind down and do a test paint job. What do you think? I'm sure Walmart has some spray paint that is made for alum.