Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
sam

Default Had one square of my sidewalk replaced

Today I had one square of my concrete replaced. The driveway apron is below it then the sidewalk square. Cost $300.00. The reason for replacement is because large chunks of it were broken and it was a trip hazard. A few years ago we got sued under our homeowners for a slight corner crack when someone fell. Long story. Anyway the contractor had the area with two orange cones. When I went outside some ******bleep kid had steped in the concrete. Another lady came by and also stepped on the edge of it while I was out there. The words I used were not what you would say in church. We brought out many items to block it off better. The police were in the neighborhood on another matter and he gave me caution tape. I called the contractor back and they did their best to patch it out and smooth it. I truly live in the ghetto, low IQ people. The girl said "I was looking down and I didn't see it. " Needs glasses? Next concrete pour I guess I will have to stand out there and direct foot traffic. The contractor told me he caught some kids using a stick to stir up his freshly poured concrete. He grabbed the kid and slammed him to the ground. Held him with his foot and called the police. The kids parents had to pay for the the destruction of property.When I grew up I would have never even thought to destroy anyones property. We always got our backside warmed up real good.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
gus

Sam you are right, idiots with low IQ are everywhere, and at every corner there is someone out there to get money out of everyone else, with the economy in mess all these lawyers are looking for cases (out of the goodness of their heart).
anytime I used to watch these 15 second commercials on TV starts with "have you been injured..." all I wanted to do is throw something at the TV (not towing vehicle), actually we ended up canceling cable, and if I want to watch the news, just look it up on the web. Evening news starts with a house fire or someone got stabbed or someone is missing... who needs all that junk.
but stupidity is running rampant, but I thought it was only here, I guess it must be everywhere.

gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
sam

Default concrete replacement

I agree with all your comments. Now that we can't park in our driveway for a week we have to park on the street. Our street,city looks like a war zone with litter. Today I decided to sweep in front of six houses and filled a tall kitchen bag with all the grass,dirt and trash. Found a huge roofing nail that would have wrecked our expensive truck tire. So much for our city tax dollars being used to sweep the streets. Love going on vacation and seeing immaculate communities. Hate to come home to the ghetto. Stuck here as the house is paid for and no one has jobs and the house values are so low. Have a couple of nice neighbors,except the one that just moved in. The police have to go in and make drugs buys and shut down the prostitutes. Usually takes six months to get rid of the nusience crime. Time to go on vacation !!!! Love the winter when everyone is inside.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
gus

sounds like a war zone... what you are saying is going on in a lot of places, for years we lived in decent subdivision, and for the last couple of years, all of a sudden there are drug houses popping up and kids hanging out around those places, like you, we look forward to any chance to load up the camper and get away for few days. whats up with gas prices going up again, i think today I drove by a gas station and it was $3.85 a gallon.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
sam

Default Concrete repair

You will notice the gasoline prices keep going up and their is never a shortage. I could fill a book with my thoughts on why this is happening. Anything that happens in the deterioration of the neighborhoods is usually related to alcohol and drugs. Had a couple of murders in my neighborhood over the years. Just had a drive by shooting the other night at 4am. If you had a job you would be home sleeping instead of out getting shot at. In Buffalo,NY multiple shootings day and night.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
gus

I also have a lot of theories on gas prices, what the news media tells you is not necessarily the truth, there is always a fire at a refinary or some idiot in Iran said something, most of the oil that we use was bought, transported, refined, stored and distributed between 6 months to a year ago, so what does have anything to do with events right now, nothing... anytime gas prices go higher, there is more tax revenue that everyone pays and without anyone saying there was a tax increase, everyone has to pay to get around, its not like we are in Europe were towns are small and nobody needs cars, we are stuck with the geography that nothing is close by, and its like either you pay or change your attitude by drive a 2 cylinder car or some nonsense like hybrid. I can see trying to pull my Hi-Lo with a small 4 cylinder truck, I will be going thru engine on a yearly basis.
Also some 15 year old over dosed in one of the drug houses here about 5 months ago. Couple of weeks ago, I was driving into my parents subdivision and there are 8 police cars, 2 swat vans with about 14 offices armed to the teeth, and a whole crowd watching right in front of the hose they were going to raid, but I think there was a hostage situation, still the idiocy of people standing in front of the house as if they are watching a movie, never mind that they could get hurt by doing so
Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

You cannot fix stupid!

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #8

Bob you can fix stupid, shoot and ask questions later.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #9

PaulS, A more civilized method of fixing stupid is to remove the warning labels on all products sold and let the problem eliminate itself.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
sam

Default cement replacement

All this because some idiot stepped in my wet cement. If I was artistic I would go out and paint a pretty something arother on the cement. How about this Ann and Bill happily married for 30 yrs. One women and one man. Some years ago we had the swatt team in my neighborhood on Thanksgiving. Some tried to hold up a grocerystore and ran into a back house on my street. The police made people get back in their houses. The news station came and rang ourdoor bell wanting todo an interview. My Autistic daughter told them"I never expected to have a little entertainment with my Thanksgiving dinner". I couldn't stand up for very long as I was recuperating from major surgery. The police shut off all the utilities,shot some windows and got the man to surrender. The incident was most likely caused by drugs and or alcohol.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #11

Red face

you have all the excitement out there and i thought the cowboy's out here were wild. Wow.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
sam

Default Sad event today. Five year old girl killed in Niagara Falls,NY

This was all over the news,five year old girl was staying with her grandmothebecause her mother worked the midnight shift. A 16 yr.old did odd jobs for the grandmother and broke into the house and killed the girl. Then two boys took her else where and put her in a trash can. Cried when I saw her sweet innocent picture on the news. Don't know all the details. Very sad sick news. Both involved are in jail. The accomplice felt guilty and turned himself into the police.