Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
sam

Default Here is the link to my photo bucket repairs

3SamTLPX's Library | Photobucket
This is the description and picture of repairs on our 1990 25ft. HiLo Classic.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #2

wow very nice sam, lotsa work you 2 did. I guess i'm not the only one who thinks it looks real yucky as it's getting done.
then I think it will always look that way
lol, it turned out fabulous! very nice camper. I still have a lot to finish yet but been in this house now for over a month, off and on. most I been over there is like 2 hours, then that's sit down work. seeing a plastic surgeon Wednesday if I didn't tell ya. thats ok tho all the faster I can move along when i heal. trying to keep positive. its hard tho. now found out which I kinda knew, I have to either flush, fill, and bleed, or rebuild, my shock absorber, and pushrod, master cylinder, for my surge brakes. check wheel cylinders, (I had to hurry to get tires on due to weather I didn't have time to tear into anything then have to leave it.)
It's easy to do, parts easy to come by, and not all that expensive but just one more obstacle I didn't need. now if I could only walk without tipping over. lol

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
sam

Default Repairs on 1990 25ft. Classic

We had no choice but to repair. Made some mistakes. Bottom line we are high and dry. Then the next year the pipe structure broke by the rear end sag. DH had to hurry up and fix it so we could go camping with our club. He was exhausted. Had to disassemble to wardrobe closet. I got real sick so he had to take me to Buffalo and I was admitted to the hospital. Missed that campout. Then another session he broke the halves apart and replaced the seal. We only have 3families in our club that have HiLos. Most have some other brand. Thanks for the compliment. I posted this again because a new forum member is going to repair his severely water damaged unit.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #4

Very nice, Sam
Formula357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
sam

Default Repairs

Thanks for the compliment. If we ever sell the trailer it is good to have pictures of how it was repaired. DH is a retired sheet metal fabricator and does precision work.