Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
sam

Default Jcurtus95

Glad to hear you are getting at the end of your gutter work/chores. Today I decided to paint my rusty(pre loved pre enjoyed) utility trailer. Dh was working on putting in the garden. He will hopefully finish up tomorrow. I started by sanding with an electric sander 120 fine paper and had to do some spots with a small wirebrush. DH told me to go ahead and paint with high gloss rustoleum. Used a good quality brush and a roller. So far i used 1/2 gallon. We have two gates put in at the end of our concrete driveway,7ft total width. Struggled to get the trailer into the backyard and then didn't have enough room to bring it under the shade tree. Back out onto the driveway with plenty of cardboard from our riding lawnmower. Back hurting four hrs later looks fantastic especially with our truck. Got all done and realized I should have flipped it over and painted the underside first!! Amateur!! I don't think it will need a second coat. We may get a chance of a shower sun aft. The paint calls for a 24 hr dry. It was very dry to touch at 8pm. So nice to be able to bring our riding mower into the backyard shed. DH has been working fulltime as his employer has some funding to use up in the next three weeks. One of his co workers died and his boss has been having some medical problems,lots of time off for MD apts. and then his mother died. On top of that lots of work plumbing problems. Flooded areas due to a 65 yr. old sprinkler pipe giving way. A major plumbing firm is doing the work. He is outside just about all day mowing,weedwacking,and spreading mulch and planting flowers. His boss is so glad to have him FT. DH is tired when he gets home. I have a nice meal ready for him and then we have our own three places to do mowing. This week for four days it is going to be 90 degrees and very humid. I don't care if we don't mow. Planning on washing my miniblinds and custum shower doors. Once a year deluxe bath outside. It will feel good if i get wet. Thursday I had to wear a heart monitor at home for 24hrs. No abnormal heartbeat symptoms noted. It was a pain(ball and chain of wires and a heavy square box.) Some of the tape was so itchy!!. So if you get bored you can come and help me with my chores.!! I have enough on the list to keep us busy this summer. The next thing I need dh to fix is the pump on our power washer. My house looks like "freaky Friday" with the webs that come as a result of our outside lt. fixtures. I could actually power wash in the spring and then again in the fall. If it was up to me I would sell the house and go fulltime camping. Dh wants to keep the house and he is still working. Next summer more camping!!!!This is why we had to do our trailer restoration in the fall/winter. No time in the summer. Still need to pull out three rv windowsreseal and put back in. Never a dull moment. Did you get to watch Nick Wallendas walk the wire over Niagara Falls?. I was so nervous watching him,I prayed he would make it. Saw on the news a few days ago about a huge baseball hail storm in Dallas. Came on very suddenly without warning. Yikes this happened to us in 2001. Turned out to be one of the best fifteen minutes of my life. Our homeowners ins. completely resided our home and put on a new arctitctural roof and a new ac pump. Our deductible was only $250.00. Keep fighting with the ins. co. Found a fabulous contractor that used to work for State Farm ins. He sure knew how to itimize(3).pages and he took poloraid pictures of our roof dammage. We were ready to go to court if need be. Esentially we got back everything that we had ever paid in homeowners ins. Then our homeowners co. went out of business and you now have to have a policy with $1000.00 deductible. Safe travels to all our HiLo friends.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote