Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
sam

Default Likes and dislikes with our HiLo trailer

I love the pleasing colors of our interior. The inside is just the right size for me to keep it clean. DH loves the ease of towing and that what ever goes wrong he can fix it. The aisle way is tight when two adults try to pass each other.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
gus

We also like the ease of Towing on ours, true they can be a little narrow, but you just have to live with that, since our last trip, We wallpapered the interior and it looks great. One thing that impressed me is how stable it pulled with only 3 tires with a shreaded 4th one for almost 5 miles 2 lane road before I was able to stop and change it.

gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
sam

Default Likes and dislikes of our HiLo

Gus,Would lov to see a picture of your wallpaper. I also would say that the wonderful people we have met in our HiLove NY HiLo club is a unexpected fringe benefit. Also have many friends on this forum.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

I like the ease of towing. I like that there were so many standard options included. The Towlite has simple decor that doesn't seem out of date as some trailers can look. But most of all we love the windows. It makes it feel more open. Many trailers I have seen have just a couple small windows.
Dislikes? I have issues with the seal between the halves that would not happen in other styles. But I would rather deal with those than get a different trailer.
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
sam

Default Likes and dislikes with our HiLo

Rolf, I agree that the seal is a pain when it needs replacing. Just the seal alone was $450.00 for our 25fter. DH had many days of fun installing the seal and sheet metal. Then after our repairs DH and daughter went camping. I camped out in the hospital that weekend. I didn't have to wipe black dirt off the counters ect. I got to clean the trailer after they got home. Glad the repair is over
Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
gus

Sam, here are some photos of the interior, This was the first time I have ever done wall-paper on anything, let alone on Rv, the hardest part was the round edges around windows, once I got the hang of it, it went easy afterwards, it does a good job hiding imperfections on the walls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-18 11.49.40.jpg (81.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-18 11.49.59.jpg (71.4 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-18 11.50.28.jpg (77.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-18 11.51.08.jpg (74.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-18 11.52.52.jpg (77.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 11-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #7

Gus that looks really nice. What are your folding "walls" made out of? It looks more finished than the standard woven ones.
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #8

Wow !!! That looks better than the original. A nice updated look along with the replaced curtains.

Ray
raysnuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
gus

Rolff
I did away with the folding curtains because it just didn't feel like you had any privacy for the bathroom, aside from dirt and musty smell of old fabric.
I measured the size of each section and i wanted it to be simple and very light, each of the 3 section has a simple frame made from 3/4" pine wood, sandwitched between thinnest sheet of paneling wood,they come in sheets of 4x8. the setup and removal is done in less than 1 min, I believe it is held by 4 bolts and wing nuts. when I am traveling I either put it on top of the couch or just lay it in the bathroom floor.
the hardest part was trying to find a place that sells wall paper, I looked up a bout 5 places and when i got there they were gone (nobody must be using wall paper any more), the last place I got to had a huge selection of colors and patterns, I chose one that is easy to clean, no repeating patterns and they come in a large roll, each roll covers 50 square feet, I got 2 rolls and that was enough.
I believe anyone can update the look of their Rv with simple projects and take your time to do it.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
sam

Default trailer wallpaper

Gus,What a truly beautiful job you have done updating the interior of your trailer!!. You are right not many places carry wallpaper any more. I think fancy painting has taken over. For example sponge painting. In the spring I will be replacing the blinds in our trailer. Not cheap even on sale at HD. Probably another Christmas present to myself. They are metal alabaster blinds with a texture coating.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #11

Gus, It looks like your HILO is the exact set up as mine. Love the wallpaper. It is so much more clean looking than the brown wood. Maybe next summer (sigh) I will do that. Good job!

Peggy J is offline   Reply With Quote