Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
sam

Default Need advice

Today when we arrived at our off site lot where our HiLo is parked a neighbor informed us that some kids had been throwing rocks at our HiLo. I don't know why she didn't call the police. We instructed her to call the police . I gave her our name and contact information. I'm going to post a sign in a plastic case the reads survelience came in use. This will be secured to our back gate. The HiLo is mostly kept in the down position. I hope the next time this happens the police come and catch the juvenils. When I was growing up if I did anything like this I would have my backside warmed so bad I probably couldn't sit down for a week. I will call the non emergency # and ask the police to patrol by our HiLo more. We own this lot and always keep the lawn cut and weedwacked good enough to play golf on it. Ok rant over.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #2

When we (my cousin and I) got caught being boys we got our hiney's whipped. But there were more times that we didn't get caught. Chances are the neighbor doesn't want to be calling the cops on these kids either.

But maybe they will call the parents.

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #3

Default Sounds like our parents were alike!

I did something to someone's vehicle in a strip mall parking lot. The cleaners man saw me and called my Dad. My Dad came and we waited for the owner. He "volunteered" me to what appeared to me then as a little old lady to mow her yard, take out her trash, and to wash her car anytime she needed any of these done. When the 3 months of summer were over, my hands were wrinkled from the soapy water of washing her car and the shoe leather was worn off my feet from running to her house to take out the trash and to mow her yard!
Yes, I had it coming and yes he gave it to me!
2006 King Ranch Ford F150
5.4 V-8
byrdmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #4

Default ouch

go get a trail cam and set it up their. Wait a couple days go by and check it
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
sam

Default working on the HiLo

I've been over there several days in a row painting the faded decals. Tomorrow is grass cutting for DH. I saw a group of four boys riding bikes in the ally. Hopefully they are occupied and it won't occur to them to throw rocks at our Hilo. I've been known to give some young teens twenty dollars so they wouldn't jump in our wet cement. It worked!! Next challenge will be when the garbage ordinance goes into effect Aug. 1st. The city is providing us with a small garbage tote and a huge recycle tote. DH keeps saying people will dump empty garbage on our lot even though we keep it immaculate. We are going to have the smallest garbage tote of any city in the USA!! One more reason to leave NY state.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #6

Default ny

We recycle everything here. Family of 5 and only one kitchen bag a week. Have to drive it to recycle place. We compost the rest.

Get a cam and catch the little rascals

We live in the woods so no pesky other peoples kids....just mine
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdmeister View Post
I did something to someone's vehicle in a strip mall parking lot. The cleaners man saw me and called my Dad. My Dad came and we waited for the owner. He "volunteered" me to what appeared to me then as a little old lady to mow her yard, take out her trash, and to wash her car anytime she needed any of these done. When the 3 months of summer were over, my hands were wrinkled from the soapy water of washing her car and the shoe leather was worn off my feet from running to her house to take out the trash and to mow her yard!
Yes, I had it coming and yes he gave it to me!
I wish we could go back to the days when a child could be disciplined without Child Services knocking on your door. I know several grandchildren that could use some old fashion discipline.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
I wish we could go back to the days when a child could be disciplined without Child Services knocking on your door. I know several grandchildren that could use some old fashion discipline.
Yes, especially here in good ol Californy where we live, Garry. Look at a child wrong and you'll get arrested and sued!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I've been over there several days in a row painting the faded decals. Tomorrow is grass cutting for DH. I saw a group of four boys riding bikes in the ally. Hopefully they are occupied and it won't occur to them to throw rocks at our Hilo. I've been known to give some young teens twenty dollars so they wouldn't jump in our wet cement. It worked!! Next challenge will be when the garbage ordinance goes into effect Aug. 1st. The city is providing us with a small garbage tote and a huge recycle tote. DH keeps saying people will dump empty garbage on our lot even though we keep it immaculate. We are going to have the smallest garbage tote of any city in the USA!! One more reason to leave NY state.
Sam, we have lots of reasonably price places here in Columbiana County Ohio and would be glad to have you.

Years ago I worked at a railroad that had the shop in a rural location. We were having windows broke out. The first kid I found on the property I sat down and told him we were having some vandalism and would he please keep an eye on the place for us. Never had another problem.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #10
sam

Default My dream

DH is 69 and I would love to sell our house and travel fulltime. Our houses are appraised low(good for low taxes).Something like 60% of the city is on some type of socialassistence. No one has any $ to buy a perfectly remodeled house.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #11

"Get a cam and catch the little rascals"

Hey, LOOK!
Bet'cha can't hit that with a rock!

C-h-i-c-k-e-n!

How did chickens get such a bad reputation?
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
sam

Default Need advice

Today we were over mowing our lot where are HiLo is parked. Mowed even though it was sprinkling. The neighbor came by and told me she had a talk with the rock throwing boys. She told them she saw them throwing rocks at our trailer and if they did it again she would call the police. She is a big women and I gather this should be the end of the problem.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Today we were over mowing our lot where are HiLo is parked. Mowed even though it was sprinkling. The neighbor came by and told me she had a talk with the rock throwing boys. She told them she saw them throwing rocks at our trailer and if they did it again she would call the police. She is a big women and I gather this should be the end of the problem.
Glad to hear you have a "good" neighbor in the area where you store your trailer and hope this puts an end to this problem.

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote