Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #1

Default Propane Fire Pit

We've used one of these for several years, but finally had to replace it. Previously living on the salty Mobile Bay combined with carrying it with us camping resulted in pieces of it being left behind with each move.

It's real nice having an instant on/off fire and not needing to search for dry firewood.

EDIT: My link isn't working, but I found it at Lowes, just under $200, (less with my discount).

I typically got 17-20 hours fire using a 20 pound tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firepit.jpg (87.8 KB, 11 views)

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Default off topic

Currently in Moab, Utah at an RV Park, arriving yesterday afternoon. It rained a good portion of the night and rained early this morning but we are high? and dry in our Tow Lite. We did do a drive through the"Arches" today with several hiking trips and got back to the RV Park before the torrential down pour, but the sun is out again....for now. Pics will have to follow as I cannot edit pics with the programs on my laptop. Oops, didn't have to edit pic, which is "Balanced Rock".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2871.jpg (91.3 KB, 7 views)

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #3

Default Don't stand under that rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
Currently in Moab, Utah at an RV Park, arriving yesterday afternoon. It rained a good portion of the night and rained early this morning but we are high? and dry in our Tow Lite. We did do a drive through the"Arches" today with several hiking trips and got back to the RV Park before the torrential down pour, but the sun is out again....for now. Pics will have to follow as I cannot edit pics with the programs on my laptop. Oops, didn't have to edit pic, which is "Balanced Rock".
Great pic, Garry! Sounds like you are doing the trip I hope to do someday soon. Are you staying at private campgrounds?
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog671 View Post
Great pic, Garry! Sounds like you are doing the trip I hope to do someday soon. Are you staying at private campgrounds?
Flagstaff was an RV Park for one night and Moab has been in an RV park, leaving for Telluride, CO in the morning for a quick look, then down to Mesa Verde for a couple of days. Not sure where we will be staying in Mesa Verde as the better half is the navigator. We have full hook ups here in Moab, but I have checked the battery to make sure the inverter on the trailer is working and it appears it is doing its job.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote