Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
sam

Default Roof repairs

Here is what was presented to us at the Good Sam Rally by a commercial roofer who has developed a liquid roof system for RVS. Clean your roof thoroughly. He uses simple green and then power washes to rinse. Scrape off inch by inch all caulk around air conditioners,vents and where the roof transitions down the side. Reapply caulk. Silicone is a no no!! Use externabond tape where necessary. Then use a liquid roof treatment. His website is www.RV-Armor.com He describes it as a Premium Liquid Applied RV Roof system with Lifetime Material &Labor warranty. Only available through certified dealers. Our price was for a 25ft rubber roof @$2500.00. I will be looking on the internet for a do it yourself liquid material. I remember a recent back post about a green liquid that was applied to your RV roof.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #2

I Googled Koolseal for RV rubber roofs and got this info:https://www.google.com/search?q=kool+seal+for+rv+rubber+roof+coating&ie=u tf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Koolseal does make a coating for rubber roofs.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
sam

Default Roof repairs

RichR, Just checked out the website as I would encourage you to do. This is a commercial product. No comparison to liquid roof products that you can buy for the do it yourselver.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #4

With the problem of pin holes to the roof caused by the differing metals, seems like power washing the roof would be a big no-no. But that is my opinion.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
sam

Default Power washing roof

I agree our roofs are very fragile and I haven't ever washed my roof with a power washer. Nor will I ever do this even though I own a power washer. The seminar presenter feels comfortable doing this. Someone in the audience questioned him on this. DH just uses a hand held scrub brush and our rubber roof comes out really clean. The hose rinses it off just fine. DH cleans it with a locally available cleaner called Korkay.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #6

Default roof pin holes

we had already sealed the pin holes we found in our roof with a silicone clear sealant. i see someone says silicone is a no no. what should we do, we wanted to put a roof coating on the top to prevent any more problems. also,on another subject- we cannot find the lp gas sensor in our hi lo. it is a 1995 26rb voyager we just got it 2 weeks ago, in great shape except for that 1 leak that the silicone stopped that, we need a lens cover for the exterior light besides the door, and the lp sensor. thanks to anyone that can help with these issues
catdaddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddys View Post
we had already sealed the pin holes we found in our roof with a silicone clear sealant. i see someone says silicone is a no no. what should we do, we wanted to put a roof coating on the top to prevent any more problems. also,on another subject- we cannot find the lp gas sensor in our hi lo. it is a 1995 26rb voyager we just got it 2 weeks ago, in great shape except for that 1 leak that the silicone stopped that, we need a lens cover for the exterior light besides the door, and the lp sensor. thanks to anyone that can help with these issues

Get yourself some eternabond tape for the roof then coat it with your roof coating. EternaBond RSW425 White 4" x 25' Roll : Amazon.com : Automotive My 96 camper did not come with a co detector or propane detector so I bought this one and mounted it Atwood RV Dual LP Co Gas Detector Alarm | eBay The amber light may be just as cheap to replace as it would be to find a lens Bargman 34-78-518 #78 Series Porch/Utility Light with Switch : Amazon.com : Automotive

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Rock My RV | Duh? »