Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #1

Default Adjusted Cables, now problems lifting..??

Bought this 93 funlite and the hydraulics were working perfectly (this is my 2nd Hi-Lo). But the back end was a good 4" low, so I did a cable adjustment and leveled it out nicely.

However, now on lifting, it get's stuck about 18" up. If I push up hard with my shoulder on the door frame I can get it going again, and then up it goes to the top.

What did my cable adjustment do to cause this? I don't see anything stuck between the top and bottom half.

One more piece of info. The back side adjustment bolt are now WAY out to get the trailer level on both sides - a good 2.5" more than the front adjustment bolts.

Thoughts?

Rick Inman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Site Team

My thoughts are: You've probably raised the "low end" too much. This has caused binding, maybe on the tracks, as the top is raised. I'd lower that end by an inch and see if it fixes the problem.

Then, if it does, maybe try raising that end 1/2 inch to get it more level. I doubt you're going to get things perfect. You really just want the top to raise enough so that the bulb seal makes good contact with the ledge on the lower half. Don't raise it so much that the bulb seal is compressed much. That can cause damage to the top as the cables pull against a top that can't go higher.

You could also try lowering the "high end" a bit too. Possibly it was set too high to begin with.

- Jack

Old 06-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #3

Great! Will try...

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #4

Well, that made it a little better, but it still needs some help at that one point. I think I'll try lubing the rails...