Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Question Funlite lift switch

Hello everyone, I have a couple of issues with my funlite. Recently my motor decided it wasn't going to work so I did some searching on the forum and found where other members were buying hydraulic systems through Northern Tool.

Therefore out with the old in with the new, I just installed a new pump and motor #1072 the other day with a modification to the storage box.

The prior switch wiring had a red wire going to the lowering valve, yellow wire going to the top terminal of the motor solenoid and black wire that runs in to the camper and connects to fuse block.

The new switch has a black wire that runs to the solenoid coil, white wire going to the positive terminal of the start switch, and green wire that runs to the top terminal of the start switch.

My question to anyone that has had to deal with this before is which wire on the new switch do I splice my existing black wire that is to connected to the fuse block in the camper? Anyone that can help me out would be greatly appreciated.

JReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
Hello everyone, I have a couple of issues with my funlite. Recently my motor decided it wasn't going to work so I did some searching on the forum and found where other members were buying hydraulic systems through Northern Tool.

Therefore out with the old in with the new, I just installed a new pump and motor #1072 the other day with a modification to the storage box.

The prior switch wiring had a red wire going to the lowering valve, yellow wire going to the top terminal of the motor solenoid and black wire that runs in to the camper and connects to fuse block.

The new switch has a black wire that runs to the solenoid coil, white wire going to the positive terminal of the start switch, and green wire that runs to the top terminal of the start switch.

My question to anyone that has had to deal with this before is which wire on the new switch do I splice my existing black wire that is to connected to the fuse block in the camper? Anyone that can help me out would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. I've never done it but I'm sure someone here on the forum has the answer for you. Someone will chime in soon, I'm sure.

See if this helps.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51/...draulics-3612/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #3

Jreed
I think you are confusing your self by not listing the same wires origin and destination, description the same in both sentences.
old:
As in A goes to B and the color is ???
C goes to D and the color is ???

the color doesn't matter just the origin and destination.

From your description you would splice the black the the black, since it was the only wire going to the fuse block.
That wire is + from power.

YOu have 3 wires on a 3 way switch power + is the center one, then it one goes to the motor, and the other one goes to the lowering solenoid.

I would hope that you took a pic of the existing and will just duplicate routing
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #4

What does the wiring diagram show for wiring up the new pump? Here is a manual that contains the wiring diagram for the pump on page 19. It may help.
http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...-towlite-1728/
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:26 PM   #5

Default Update

Well to let everyone know I got the knew pump hooked up as far as wiring goes and plumed as far as the lines go. However there is still an issue with lifting the upper half and I'm thinking it has something to do with the cylinder underneath.

Therefore I gave it my best try but now I leave it up to the professionals when I get the chance. Anyone know of a good repair center within an hour of Northeast Illinois or Southeast Wisconsin?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Can you post some pictures of the new pump and the pluming. When you say the old pump wasn't working. Was the motor running? Or you just thought it was the motor?
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:40 AM   #7

Default Reply to PopRichie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRichie77 View Post
Can you post some pictures of the new pump and the pluming. When you say the old pump wasn't working. Was the motor running? Or you just thought it was the motor?
You will have to give me a few days for that picture. Seems that when you leave a travel trailer in your driveway in Military housing people like to complain... So it is back in storage right now.

No the motor wasn't running I followed all of the steps that the Manual talks about to check the motor. Plus before I brought it to my house to work on it I put on a brand new solenoid. The conclusion that the manual came up with was that the brushes were worn.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #8

Have the cables, pulleys, and the guide rod been cleaned and lubed. It is imperative that those be regularly maintained to prevent problems. Inspect the cylinder and guide rod to make sure neither is bent.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoites View Post
Jreed
I think you are confusing your self by not listing the same wires origin and destination, description the same in both sentences.
old:
As in A goes to B and the color is ???
C goes to D and the color is ???

the color doesn't matter just the origin and destination.

From your description you would splice the black the the black, since it was the only wire going to the fuse block.
That wire is + from power.

YOu have 3 wires on a 3 way switch power + is the center one, then it one goes to the motor, and the other one goes to the lowering solenoid.

I would hope that you took a pic of the existing and will just duplicate routing
Renoites,

These two pictures are of the old wiring diagram 004 and the new wiring diagram 006. Where do I make the connection between the fuse block and the new wiring? I already tried doing a quick splice on the green wire which is the + power and it kicked on the motor and wouldn't shut off. Plus on top of that the toggle switch doesn't work properly when it is hooked up. Help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0004.jpg (85.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0006.jpg (96.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #10

The picture of the Haldex pump drawing cut off some key information. Try taking 2-3 overlapping photos and don't cast a shadow on the paper with your hands or body.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #11

Default New Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton Rider View Post
The picture of the Haldex pump drawing cut off some key information. Try taking 2-3 overlapping photos and don't cast a shadow on the paper with your hands or body.
Let me know if this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0016.jpg (95.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #12

Take a look at this:

https://static---panrack.app-hosted....c_pump_337.jpg

The trailer should have a yellow and a red wire coming from the up/down switch. These should be connected to the terminals labeled as "Black remote wire" and "Green remote wire" in the photo above. Note that the wire colors in the photo have nothing to do with the trailer. They go with a remote switch that Halex sells for this pump.

If it works, but it's backwards (up is down and down is up), reverse the yellow and red wires at the pump.

BTW, don't forget that the pump needs power going to it. The yellow and red wires only provide a signal to tell it to go up or down. The positive battery wire connects to the terminal in the photo labeled, "positive battery cable and black remote wire", only in your case it will be positive battery cable and yellow trailer wire. The negative battery cable connects with a bolt to the terminal labeled, "ground cable bolt hole." If your trailer did not have a negative wire connected to the pump, the ground is provided by bolting the pump down to the metal bracket it goes on.

If the connections are made as I stated above, the fuse is the trailer panel is good, the up/down switch is getting power from the black wire connected to it, and the switch is good, this should work.

Good luck.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote