Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 04-22-2023, 03:25 PM   #1

Default Hello from Colorado and Have a Problem!

My camper just broke 😔 Anybody worked on an old TowLow before? 🙏😎🌄

Nathan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 03:33 PM   #2

I'm so happy that there are people who have worked on it! One of.my cables just broke as I tried to raise it.and I'm not quite sure how to go about routing the new cable yet, when I get one. Are there plans.for the camper that show the design somewhere? I'm looking around �� ����

Nathan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 03:59 PM   #3
Site Team

Hello, Nathan and welcome! There are only "generic" routing diagrams in the HiLo manuals. But, if you crawl under your trailer, you'' see how the cables are routed through the various pulleys. Each cable is routed almost the same way, across the bottom until it reaches the side where it attaches to the top, then up the side to a top pulley and down the outside of the lower half until it attaches to the lower edge of the top half.

There are several threads in the Library section on cable repair. Look here: https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f61/.

I moved your posts to this section because I think you'll get more help here than in Intros or in a 6-year old thread.

- Jack
Old 04-22-2023, 11:00 PM   #4
sam

Default Welcome to the forum.

It is advisible to replace all four cables. I haven't had to do this repair. Jack has given you a good thread to read. If you are handy you can do this repair.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote