Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM   #1

Default Hilo remodel

Hi all,

I just bought a 90 something model towlite Hi-lo that needs quite a bit of work. The wood that holds the suspension cable is rotted and I need to jack up the top to see how to repair it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

Ellie1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie1334 View Post
Hi all,

I just bought a 90 something model towlite Hi-lo that needs quite a bit of work. The wood that holds the suspension cable is rotted and I need to jack up the top to see how to repair it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!
Wolfster101 is in the process of rebuilding the upper half of his Hi-Lo.
Take a look at his posted pictures.

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Do a search for this thread. Cable replacement in my 1998 HiLo 24TD. 3-3-2010. This will explain how you break the two halves of the HiLo apart for cable replacement or seal replacement or other repairs.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #4
Site Team

Ellie, Welcome to the forum! A previous owner replaced the cables on my 2003 but didn't replace the seal at the same time. Now, I get to separate the top and bottom and replace the seal. I intend to do that this winter as well as some minor modes at the cable rub points. Recommend you also determine the seal condition and if needed, do it all at the same time. A bit more money, but peace of mind is a great thing.
Treeclimber
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #5

Default In over my head!

So this was completely my dad's idea to have me fix up the hi lo and I have no clue where to start or what to do. The previous owner said that the wood where the suspension cables connect is rotted. I have looked under the camper and don't see any issues. Where do I need to start looking? I don't even know what year this is to find an owners manual.

It is an electric lift but I'm not sure if the electical system is any good. Luckily I got this thing for $250.
Ellie1334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension