Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 05-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #1

Default Hydraulic Pump leaking

Hello All,

My 2006 Hi-Lo has hydraulic fluid leaking from somewhere under the pump assembly. It does not seem to be any of the fittings or valves. So, I assume that the plastic resevoir is leaking where it fits onto the aluminum pump housing. Has anyone repaired such a leak? I don't want to buy a new one $750 :-( when a repair will do.

Tim Outlaw
Lakeland, Florida

toutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Use brake cleaner or some other good cleaner to find exactly where it is leaking. My 95T developed a small crack in the plastic tank, where it mounted onto the pump. I was familiar with plastic welding because it was done all the time where I worked. It is done with hot air and rods of plastic, the plastic rod should match the type of plastic that you are welding. Since I was retired, I had no access to the industrial equipment, so I used a solder iron and found some plastic that I thought was similar, 5 years later and it is still holding. I would not recommend that anyone try this method. Harbor Freight sells a air heat tool for plastic welding, it is very cheap compared to industrial equipment but should work for small jobs, If you get the plastic welding tool, practice a lot on something else, till you get it right before trying the tank. This is assuming that the tank has a leak.
Did you try JR Repair to see if just the tank can be bought?

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...sult?q=plastic

PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #3

Default Plastic Tank

Thanks for the information. I will try the parts folks tomorrow.
toutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #4

Default Reservoir Leak

If the leak is in the plastic reservoir ( no pressure ) I have had luck with JB Plastic Weld Epoxy.

You must be able to get at the problem area, thourghly clean with solvent, rough the surface, apply and let set 24 hr. It has worked for me . Must be clean.

Cost about $ 5 to $ 7 and lots of DIY time. Good Luck.
edward lansing is offline   Reply With Quote