Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 03-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezfreddy View Post
My model has the top that when in the down position extends over the battery box making it hard to access the batterys to jump, I do have the manual jack on the pump but had to make a handle for it as previous owner didnt supply it when i purchased it, i jacked it manually once and it did work just was alot of pumping, after that i installed on the tongue a quick coupler gray 12volt connector with rubber cover that if i ever need i have a 20 ft set of jumper cables i can quick connect to it,
Ezfreddy -- what is your year and model? Where is the manual jack on the pump??

BGnewber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGnewber View Post
We just got a 1991 Hi Low Voyager. We saw on a informational video online that you could lower and raise manually using a pump thingy by the front hitch..but our trailer does not have anything like that there.....does anyone know about the Voyager and if it has a manual lift/lower component?
Check your other post for my reply. You only have to post once to be seen here. If you click on "new posts" everything comes up there.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #43

Default 1988 HiLo Funlite....won't raise after I lowered to clean top...

Help please! I am trying to get our 88 funlite ready for weekend trip...not used in 4 years, my sweet husband has Alzheimer's & Parkinson's and he is not able to help me...
He always did this...but I am trying to take him camping just one more time~~~ he keeps asking to go! So I get it cleaned, packed and ready....lowered top just fine...then thought I'd better be sure it raises good since it's just me doing setup, well...it won't go back up...I have battery, power source, have check lines, cables etc....even bled hydraulic line and replaced fluid...
Motor runs and it " tries" to lift...but NOT!
Please, any ideas? I hate to disappoint him......thanks y'all!
NanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #44

[/LIST]] Help please! I am trying to get our 88 funlite ready for weekend trip...not used in 4 years, my sweet husband has Alzheimer's & Parkinson's and he is not able to help me...
He always did this...but I am trying to take him camping just one more time~~~ he keeps asking to go! So I get it cleaned, packed and ready....lowered top just fine...then thought I'd better be sure it raises good since it's just me doing setup, well...it won't go back up...I have battery, power source, have check lines, cables etc....even bled hydraulic line and replaced fluid...
Motor runs and it " tries" to lift...but NOT!
Please, any ideas? I hate to disappoint him......thanks y'all![/QUOTE]
Old 09-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #45

Try going up and down with the switch a few times to see if that works. If not, it could be that it is low on fluid. Here's the process for my trailer. It was made in 2010, so it may have different than your setup, but the basics are the same:

Access the hydraulic fluid reservoir. On mine it is in a compartment on the trailer tongue, just behind the propane tanks. Remove the cap at the top of the reservoir and check the fluid level. It should be about 1" below the top with the trailer down. If it is lower than this, add fluid. Use automotive transmission fluid available at auto parts, department stores, etc. Put the cap back on and try it.

Usually it will not need a lot of fluid, unless there's a leak. after you do the above, look under the trailer for leaks.

It it still does not work and it doesn't leak, you may have a bad pump.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #46

Tried that and actually bled the line....put new fluid in to level recommended.,..still won't go up....motor runs, just won't raise...
Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 01:03 AM   #47

Check to make sure nothing is stuck between top & bottom or that nothing fell between top & bottom when you lowered your hilo. On outside back of my hilo I have a storage door & one time when I lowered my hilo I didn't get the back storage compartment locked & when I tried to raise hilo the door opened enough that it caused hilo not to raise. I had to climb into hilo with top down & lay on bed & stick flat piece of metal between top & bottom to hold storage door closed while someone else pushed button to lift hilo. Please let us know what the problem was & how you fixed it.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #48

Smile HiLo top won't raise...

Looks like my pump is leaking! So will get it off and take in to town to shop for them to check it out! Thanks guys for being here! Awesome group!