Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 02-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #1

Default Replacing the hoisting wire cables

We have just finished replacing the cables on our 1988 Fun Chaser 22' HiLo.
I have been rigging sailboats for almost 50 years and the materials are similar. Actually the sailboat rigging is superior as it is stainless steel.

Later, I will share howididit. We are getting ready to tow our HiLo back to SoCal from Pensacola, FL, so are too busy just now.

If anyone has questions on how we did it, drop an e mail to oldflathead@bshmarine.com and I will post my response here.

I am having the trailer brakes serviced next week. The Princess is making drapes to seperate the forward bed from the rest of the HiLO as she snorezzzs!
She has refinished all of the interior wood, re-painted, removed the hinges and handles and cleaned or painted them, plus re-upholstered all the cushions. I am checking all systems, compounding and waxing the exterior, etc. Looks like the Norcold Fridge is 10-7, but WTH it has been way too cold, so we will carry an ice box.

We will be taking I-10 past NOLA, then up to visit Cuz's in Whitesboro, TX, then more Cuz's in OKC. If the WX continues cold, we will go back to DFW, then I-20 back to I-10 and on to Anaheim, where we will hang out a week or so with family and friends, staying at the Gypsum Canyon RV Park off the 91, east of Anaheim. Anyone ever stayed there?

IF you see us honk, white and green Chevy Van w/HiLo following close behind.

Tom and Bobbie Vandiver, 850 572 1225
oldflathead is offline   Reply With Quote