Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #21

Reverse shackles and change tires NP.Elevates Uniot 1970s 12 inches up Very Nice on Back roads NP.
Note AXLE stays in Same position only Shackles are reversed with new U bolts and saddle.

jwswans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to GiGi

Hi all! For those of you with 13" tires, I have done extensive research now thanks to you all and ended up going with Greenball Towmasters. I found them at Sams Club in stock (on line order only) for $55 each, with free shipping! They are only 6-ply C rating, but it's pretty hard to find anything D rated, 8-ply or better right now, or anything other than Carlisles or Goodyear (I have a friend who works for Goodyear on the drag racing & off-road side of things and he said don't buy them). I did find a business on e-bay who had Loadstar D rated 8 ply tires, 2 for $167 with free shipping, but when I went to their on line store, they only had 6-ply C rated tires Not sure if it was a bait and switch, but I didn't want to find out the hard way, ending up with having to ship them back for a costly refund.

GiGi is offline   Reply With Quote