Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Running Gear | Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Axles
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #1

Default Need Brake Repair Oklahoma

So, had U-Haul take a look at my prodigy brake controller (newly installed) to see why not working., and he says it's my brakes that aren't working - even the breakaway switch doesn't work. Newly purchased 17ft Hi-Lo. Am on my way to Denver going north on IH35 from Texas border heading to Okla City - does anyone know where I can get brake service along IH35 heading in or I-40 heading to Denver? I'm very new to Hi-Lo travel, and know very little about cars -- much less trailers and/or brakes! Can any brake repair place work on them? Thanks for your help...

MEBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBradley View Post
So, had U-Haul take a look at my prodigy brake controller (newly installed) to see why not working., and he says it's my brakes that aren't working - even the breakaway switch doesn't work. Newly purchased 17ft Hi-Lo. Am on my way to Denver going north on IH35 from Texas border heading to Okla City - does anyone know where I can get brake service along IH35 heading in or I-40 heading to Denver? I'm very new to Hi-Lo travel, and know very little about cars -- much less trailers and/or brakes! Can any brake repair place work on them? Thanks for your help...
Trailer brakes for Hilo, are the same as any camper, only the location of fuses will of course vary from MFG to MFG. Did they suggest any RV places? or do you want us to google for RV repairing for you? I know some closer to me, the ones in OKlahoma will be a roll of the dice of course, might check yellow pages for RV repair places.

WHere in OK are you now?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #3

Default thanks sting

good suggestion about fuse - forgot that's what it could be. But, I'm just looking for reliable brake repair and wondered if Hi-Lo trailer would be easy for anyone to work on. Called Good Sam and they recommended calling Camping World in OKC - so I'm on hold with them right now. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBradley View Post
If you are going to be on I-40, there is a place in Albuquerque that I have talked to that tell me they will work on Hi-Lo's.

http://www.rmrv.com/Home.aspx

Rocky Mountain RV & Marine
12700 Central SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123 USA

Local Phone 505-292-7800
Toll Free Phone: 800-677-5984
Fax: 505-292-7993
General Hours
Sunday 11:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Monday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Tuesday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Wednesday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Thursday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Friday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Saturday 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #5

Location: Henryetta, Oklahoma (50 miles due south of Tulsa where I-40 and US 75 cross)
Default Brake Trouble Oklahoma

MEBradley,
I just got home from the lake and am approx 100 miles east of Oklahoma City, are you still in need of assistance? Bob Sass
Bob Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #6

Default Brake controller problem solved

Thanks for all your help, guys. I was on the road traveling and didn't have wifi until this morning. Price RV Repair in Oklahoma City, OK diagnosed the problem and fixed in a snap. The trailer brakes/and or maybe the whole trailer for all I know -- didn't have a ground wire. They attached one back on the frame by the left rear tire. Pretty easy, really cheap and I was on the road again. They did, however, point out that I needed new tires as sidewalls were failing. So, In Hays Kansas this a.m. at Kansasland Tires - drove into parking lot and, guess what, flat left tire! So, 3 new tires and one great brake controller and I'm on my way again! Thanks again for your responses - you guys are the best!