Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
JRF

Default Smaller tires for storage?

Hello All,
I pick up my new 2310 later this week and was curious if obtaining a set of smaller tires and wheels (12 or 13") would be a workable way of obtaining clearance to fit under a 7' door? The literature shows 85" height including the standard AC unit. The smaller wheels would be used only for storage and moving the vehicle in and out of storage twice a year. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #2

It would probably work if you can find smaller wheels that fit the hole pattern. You could maybe gain a little by removing the A/C cover, but I don't know how much that could give you.

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #3

JRF,

If you have the new style plastic tank cover on your 2310H keep a tight eye on it for rubbing on the front window. We have been on the road no more than 160 miles with our 2310H and there is a mark rubbed dead center on the front window. My dealer and the factory are aware of it. They may give us a new tank cover of a different design that does not taper out on the front and back. There is so little clearance, about 3/4", between the cover and the window that road bumps and wind are moving it around. I took a few photos and sent them to both the dealer and the factory. The factory told my dealer that they have a 2810H out there somewhere with a similar problem. They didn't understand the problem until they saw the photos. That cover is a nice one and makes it easy to access the tank valves, too bad it isn't working for us. We may be given the optional fiberglass cover in its place.

Rich
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #4

JRF,

If you only need do drop the trailer down 2" or so, why not just partially deflate the tires. Then after backing the trailer past the garage door, inflate them for storage. Save yourself the hassle of swapping tires. You shouldn't damage the tires or rims, when backing up a few feet, if they are severely deflated. You could damage them if you left them partly deflated, bearing the weight of the trailer, over a winter. Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Brake short »