Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #1

Question Spring

Hi I managed to break a leaf spring on my last camping trip, trying to take a short cut. anyway measured and went online it measures 24"c-c double eye 4 leaf 1-3/4 wide. Ran into very few 24 and several a little shorter and a little longer. Way to many choices! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

morstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #2

If you have a spring shop in your area you may want to take it there. They may be able to match it to something.

I just found this: http://www.easternmarine.com/Double-...-Leaf-Springs/

I see it is a five leaf spring but maybe it would work. It may be worth a phone call to find out.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Quote:
Originally Posted by morstang View Post
Hi I managed to break a leaf spring on my last camping trip, trying to take a short cut. anyway measured and went online it measures 24"c-c double eye 4 leaf 1-3/4 wide. Ran into very few 24 and several a little shorter and a little longer. Way to many choices! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Morestang, edit your profile so we have an idea what part of the country you are from. Because, people near you might have suggestions nearby...

yellow pages and google can help find spring/axel shops. JCWhitney has some trailer things?

Anyway, I got a good deal on spring reduction of my 2500 Ram (to make rear lower, to make truck LEVEL when not loaded, becuase when hooked to 5th wheel, it doesnt budge down even 1/2 inch, lol which meant it was too high!

Anyway, I "assumed" it would be much more, but heck, most of the parts they sold me, where not higher than autozone/pepboys/napa "generic-one size fits all) especially when you add shipping to online, Plus when you think of what they accomplished for me,. in the end they reproduced parts to match.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
sam

Default Leaf spring replacement

I know where i live we have a shop that does springf replacement.Just drove by the place and saw a travel trailer in one of the bays. Call JR in Ohio. We've all done mistakes with our HiLo's.. Riped my black water tankbroke an awning part and broke a window all in the same accident.
sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #5

Smile Update

I checked the local shops and had no luck I got ahold of etrailer and they were very helpful. had them in a couple days and now were back in business.
morstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
sam

Default Spring repair

Glad to hear you are back on the road. It is a good thing that you are "Mr. Good wrench"
sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #7

I used eTrailer when mine broke. I replaced all 4 springs at that time figuring they all might be about to go and a full swap would keep them all matched.

It sounds like I'm a little late but if you do much off road (really just rough road) travel you might want to have the axles mounted over the springs. Gets you another few inches of ground clearance. Sometimes that makes all the difference. If your tow vehicle is lifted, it also may help match up the hitch height as well. I have a modest (3-4") lift in one of my tow vehicles.

ArkTinkerer

ArkTinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote