Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 01-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #1

Default Fixing side and back exterior. Any tips appreciated.

I'm about to start replacing the water damaged wood on the inside and that seems pretty straight forward. Rip out the old wood take lots of pictures use what you can as templates and replace.

My main concern now is sealing up the outside so it doesn't take in any water. I have attached some picture software my current damage.

I know I need my side track fixed. Along with sealing up the bottom lip in this first picture.

The second one is the back and in wondering the best way to go about making sure these stay sealed.

The last two pictures are a bulge on the side of my trailer that has happened due to rotted wood and pressure when my top was stuck. Once I have my old wood removed what's a good way to pull this bulge out and make it look straight again?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170125_175032.jpg (121.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20170125_175159.jpg (133.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170125_175116.jpg (71.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20170125_175037.jpg (156.9 KB, 19 views)

jakemadril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
sam

Default Fixing towlite

You must fix what Jack has told you to do. Do a search for other towlite repairs. I know you would peel back the outside skin. Then you are working from the outside in. You may well have to do some inside bracing to support the walls while you are making repairs. I have a classic so my HiLo is different from this towlite.
sam is online now   Reply With Quote