Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #1

Unhappy front shield sliding (raising and lowering)arm missing!!!!!

HELP!!! i just lost one of my front shield arms on my maiden voyage!!! now i only have one that holds it up halfarsed... id love to put ones with pneumatic lift arms (like the lifting struts on the back of lift gate cars) but i HAVE NOT A CLUE how to keep it stowed while driving!?!? any ideas?!?! help!!!! if anyone has a spare lower arm i would have your first born kid!!!! well a couple bucks for your time at least to make it work for now...

cactusjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
HELP!!! i just lost one of my front shield arms on my maiden voyage!!! now i only have one that holds it up halfarsed... id love to put ones with pneumatic lift arms (like the lifting struts on the back of lift gate cars) but i HAVE NOT A CLUE how to keep it stowed while driving!?!? any ideas?!?! help!!!! if anyone has a spare lower arm i would have your first born kid!!!! well a couple bucks for your time at least to make it work for now...
Check with J&R Repair or the Official Hi-Lo Parts. I don't have the links but Google should point you in the right direction. I don't think the pneumatic struts would support the weight of the stone shield.

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #3

already asked them... they dont have em... help!!!!
any other ideas?? i asked camping world they were lost.. i was like there has to be alternative parts for other style windshields like off prowlers and terry trailers..
cactusjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
already asked them... they dont have em... help!!!!
any other ideas?? i asked camping world they were lost.. i was like there has to be alternative parts for other style windshields like off prowlers and terry trailers..
Hey Jack, I am confused on what you are asking for? Are you talking about the cover that hides possibly the front window, from being broken or bug splattered, while towing? These really are not HILO only parts, I mean the fiberglass or plastic cover which could be form fitting probably, but the rest wouldnt be, as many campers have this cover for the front facing window. I would think any RV repair place might help ya, you have bunches out there in Co. Just a hunch. The 2 near me dotn have front facing windows...

If not, pictures might help. Not that I have parts, but it might help others help ya.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
sam

Default Missing rock shield arm

I mentioned your situation to my Sheet metal fabricator husband. He thinks that any decent Metal fabricating shop could make one up for you. Let me know if you need me to take pictures of mine. States it probably won"t be cheap. What about that person in Florida that is parting out a HiLo? We just took out our HiLo Front window and cleaned all the old sealer off and installed with two layers of Butyl tape. Hubby loves the Lexell caulk. I spray painted the rock guard hardware and installed with stainless steel screws. I guess this front shield need to be checked at intervaL to see if the hardware needs to be tightened. Going down our less than perfect roads vibrates many things loose.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote