Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Exterior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 04-27-2015, 02:17 AM   #1

Default leveling

Hi,
I was interested in this product. Has anybody tried them?
https://www.andersenhitches.com/Prod...r-leveler.aspx

Also recently AAA changed the tires on my 2202 HiLo and
both axles had to be jacked up to change the tires. They couldn't jack up one and change both tires. Some people have mentioned only having to jack up one axle and both tires are off the ground. Are their different axles and different years?
Linda C

Ford exe 2010
towlite 92 19
Hilo 2010 22

lincow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Linda, I have not tried one of those, but it looks like it would work. My only concern is if you are on a steep slope, I would not want my tire to be close to either end. You get the best "chock" effect if the tire(s) are in the center of the device.

To change the tire on a tandem axle trailer, you just need to drive a good wheel onto leveler blocks that are high enough to raise the flat tire off the ground. If you jack the trailer, you are going to place the jack under the frame, which is going to raise both tires off the ground. You do not put the jack under the axle. It should not matter what kind of axles you have. The leveler block approach is much easier than jacking the entire frame.

- Jack