Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 04-25-2015, 09:47 AM   #1

Default Pin holes in side wall

I am helping a local owner of a early 80s HiLo with information. On one side of the outside wall there are pin holes caused by electrolysis. The roof has been cleaned and coated and look good. The whole trailer needs to be painted. What type of paint would seal the pin holes and still look good? Their was a water leak on the side of the HiLo where the pin holes are and the owner has taken care of the damage.

2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Jim, I think any good quality exterior metal paint would be fine. But, I think I'd seal/plug up the pin holes with something like epoxy/JB Weld/Bondo first. Apply it by pushing it in with a finger, then sand it smooth when cured.

- Jack

Old 04-25-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
sam

Default Pinholes,painting exterior

I am very fortunate to have an autobody paint supplier near me. We were able to use 3M bondo on the inside of our fiberglass as part of our restoration. Look uo 3M bondo on the internet and see if you can use this and what type of primmer and paint to use afterwords. Maybe 3M has a technical phone # for you to call. My can leaked so I no longer have it. It is a two part epoxy that you defeniately have to use an industrial respirator and follow all directions on the can. I think Walmart carries this or any auto parts store. It did a great job of sealing any holes we couldn't even see.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote