Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #1

Default Question on wall repair

Hi, I am new to the board. I have an 87 unit that has experienced some serious water damage on the driver side wall. Anyway, I am fixing it andam wanting to get the parts today but I did not get a chance to call the factory and get some specific details. I was hoping someone could help on a Sunday!

Here is my questions:
1. What glue style and type to glue the styrofoam and would together? The guy at the factory said a water based type glue that needed pressure to acitvate.
2. What is the best wood paneling to use with the sytrofoam?
3. What is the best thing to use to seal the roof where the leaks came from?

When I bought this thing in 2004, it was like new inside and within two years it just went to crap. I love it though. What a great trailer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheldon

gecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #2

Default wall repairs

As I read your Questions I understand you have removed the bad paneling and are now ready to reasamble.

First I would locate and seal the the water leak, If you will ck other post on this forum there are good step by step instructions on sealant and maintance.

To start replacing the interior wall, you would use a 2 part apoxie glue.
When I did this type repair at the shop, we used a spray gun to apply the glue, let set for about 20 min following the instructions on the glue, then carefuly assambled the foam to the outer wall then, the finish paneling to the foam.

A altenative glue you can use from a caulking gun is the panling adhesive you can by from Lowes or Home Depo.
I can not rember the brand name but if you ask at the store and explain what you are using it for they can tell you.

As old as your trailer is you may not be able to match the current paneling.
I have used unfinished beed board paneling to make a repair with covering a larger area than needed to make a contrasting wall.
The beed board can be stained or painted to give any effect you desire, and makes a realy good looking job.
Sam

Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #3

Thanks very much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Sheldon
gecker is offline   Reply With Quote