Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 07-26-2016, 01:00 AM   #1

Default Rear wall pulled loose & back cap cracked

I'm going to have to pull my rear cap and reattach the bottom rail and rebuild the inner back wall. Question is: Is the rear cap attached by the perimeter screws and rear window only? Once the screws and window are removed, will the cap be free to remove? I'm going to take pics of this process and rebuild for anyone to have access to. My interior wall is also cracked in several places but I believe still salvageable. I snagged the front bumper of a fire engine and that pulled the rear cap off my 31 foot Hi-Lo Classic about six inches on the lower rear driver's side. Cracked the cap quite severly in more that a couple places. Pulled the interior construction (cabinet doors, shelving, etc.) apart. But I've got it tapped up and does not leak. Still rolling but have stopped for a while in Yoncalla, Oregon. Great weather. Hello and thanks to all. Jeff Campbell (started out in Buffalo in Sept. 2012).

Yankeetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #2

Sorry to learn of your encounter with the fire engine bumper. Those things aren't too forgiving. Hope all goes well with the repairs. We were in Reedsport OR last week, just a few miles from you. It is gorgeous up there. Hope to go back soon. Best of luck to you.

underpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #3

My cap is attached by screws around the whole perimeter edge. However, you will also have to remove the rear window to remove the cap is my guess.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #4

Default Thanks , , ,

My conclusion was that as well , , , plus removing the lighting wiring which looks to be a bit tricky. I may have to cut the wires and label all of them. My wiring did come loose and I have no rear lights, brake lights, etc. Thanks for your comments. Jeff
Old 07-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #5

Long way from home were you. Sorry I missed a visit and hope you have safe journeys.
I have not seen one other Hi-Lo in all my travels thus far, but the "midget trailer" joke still goes on strong. Ha Ha Jeff