Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 04-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #1

Default Tail Light

After some investigation I have com to the conclusion that the tail light assemblies and the metal trim around the end caps have been replaced with generic aftermarket parts. Could someone post a picture of what these parts should look like on a 1989 33B trailer, and maybe an idea where I could find the original replacements. I know I ask a lot of questions, but I don't know any other way to learn about how to take care of my trailer. I realize that it is 24years old, but when and if I pass it on to someone else, I want it to be in better condition than is was when I got it.

Thanks for the help you have given and hopefully the help you will give in the future.

Richard Shrum (the Bear)

PS someday maybe I'll tell how I got that nickname.

bearshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
sam

Default Tail lights

Don't worry about how many questions you ask. You are doing a good job of fixing the little things. Tail lights can be a source of water intrusion. Better to take them apart and apply new caulk and anticorrosion grease. DH did quite a bit of soldering of our tail lights. I will be at my HiLo tomorrow and will take a picture for you. You can always call Jay Simon at Mantelli trailer sales. He is the HiLo parts garu. They will mail any parts you need. 1-716-625-8877.jay@mantelli .com Hope this helps.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #3

We have been looking for the same lights. Ours work except one of the back up lights does not work. I think we can live with that for now.

There is a guy on Craigslist that is selling his 1989 22' Funchaser. He lives close to 45N and Beltway 8. The email on his ad is vqtgn-3767858201@sale.craigslist.org. He will respond but give him some time. He was open to selling parts a couple of weeks ago.

My son-in-law appreciates you wanting to get your trailer in better shape when and IF you pass her on. If you get tired of pulling that gigantic 33 footer and want to downsize to a nice 22' Funchaser, let us know.

Hope this helps you Bear.
89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #4

I think I have a source for the tailights for these... one of my corner lights got taken out by hail in a recent storm... they are LED though, not the standard bulb type... if you are talking about the wrap around ones...

They are due in next week ~25th... their standard shipping is UPS-extreemely-slow-ground-box-it-up-and-ship-it-when-we-have-time (I ordered them last sunday, so yeah 2 weeks), but the light itself is $20, and they are Bargman like the original.
davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc View Post
I think I have a source for the tailights for these... one of my corner lights got taken out by hail in a recent storm... they are LED though, not the standard bulb type... if you are talking about the wrap around ones...

They are due in next week ~25th... their standard shipping is UPS-extreemely-slow-ground-box-it-up-and-ship-it-when-we-have-time (I ordered them last sunday, so yeah 2 weeks), but the light itself is $20, and they are Bargman like the original.
Could you post a link to where you found these David? I was also trying to find one of the wrap around taillight covers for my 29B Classic. If these are the same type?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaP View Post
Could you post a link to where you found these David? I was also trying to find one of the wrap around taillight covers for my 29B Classic. If these are the same type?

Thanks
I will as soon as it comes in and I verify it will work/fit... no point a bunch of orders going in for something that doesn't work or fit...
davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #7

Ok thanks David. Good point, to make sure they work also!