Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

Default Black Tank Leak

Everyone was helpfull on my fridge problem now I find that I have a small leak coming from the tube going into the black tank. From what I can tell it looks like it is coming from where the tube is inserted into the black tank for drainage to sewer line. I seen where there is a black tank repair kit will this work in the area around the tube going into black tank? Or would a certain calk work better here?

rob9128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #2

I would not use caulk to repair this except in an emergency. This drain line is ABS so get a large can of ABS cement at Lowes or Home Depot in the plumbing dept an some fiberglass cloth. Clean the area around the crack. Brush on a thick coat of cement around the entire pipe then wrap a layer of fiberglass over the cement and work a coat of cement over the cloth. make sure the cloth is completely saturated with the cement. Let it set up overnight and repeat with another coat of cement and cloth. I have repaired my blackwater and greywater tanks on 3 Rvs I have owned over the years and have had none of the repairs fail.

2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #3

Jim, Thanks for posting the repair. I had to repair my black and grey water tanks. It is working great.
Scott
scottcf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #4

Default Please see my thread. . . .

Hoping that you can see my new thread on this (entitled "Repair of Black & Grey Water H2O tanks. . . . " as what I seem to have would be what I would call more than a slight crack.

As you two have experience with this, if you can go take a look at the photos on the above thread (just posted) and give me an opinion or two, I surely would appreciate it!

Thanks for your time!

================================
1999 Hi-Lo TowLite - 24' TD
2003 Dodge Durango SLT - 4.7L V8 (4WD)
Stabilization Hitch
davegilbert is offline   Reply With Quote