Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 11-03-2020, 01:03 PM   #1

Default Broken valve in water piping under the bench

I hooked up city water to my 2005 TowLite 24T, and water started running out of the floor near the hot water heater access. Turned off the water, looked under the bench, and discovered one of the valves had blown off. The first photo shows it circled in red, and it appears to be a drain valve. The second photo shows the inside valve mechanism (with a dental mirror), and the third shows the valve handle that broke.

Any idea where I can find parts online or locally? Do I need to replace the T that drains to the outside, or can I just replace the valve handle? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5544.jpg (190.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5546.jpg (150.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5547.jpg (159.0 KB, 8 views)

SteveZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
Site Team

I THINK you can find PEX fittings that will work. Take your blown off valve with you and check Home Depot or Lowes to see if they have what you need.

- Jack

Old 11-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #3

Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Plumbi.../dp/B086CCD6WC

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:41 PM   #4

Most Rv repair places have them...or did when I was lookin
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #5

Default Followup

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

With a little bit of online searching (and learning about working with PEX), I determined that all the fittings in my Hi-Lo are manufactured by Flair-it. They provide a PDF catalog (follow this link or find it at the top of the home page) with parts and explanatory information.

I was able to avoid buying a new angle stop valve for $11 and simply replace the cracked valve top nut for $1 (I bought extras to justify the $8.30 shipping fee). That way I don't have to mess with the penetration through the floor for the cold water drain or disassemble the plumbing any more than necessary. The only minor difficulty was seating the valve stem back in the valve body in a cramped space using a mirror.

I know I could have hunted around and possibly found a suitable replacement locally, but I opted to go the OEM route with the manufacturer this time. I'll be back in business when the parts arrive, in plenty of time to continue prepping for a brief trip in a couple of weeks. Thanks again!
SteveZ is offline   Reply With Quote