Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #1

Default flexpex rubber/santoprene seal at faucet.

Hello all. My new to me 2203T had a drip under the lavatory sink. I removed the flexpex and found a badly smashed seal or o ring where the flexpex coupler screws onto the bottom of the faucet. I have been looking online but can't find what this seal is called, much less where to find it. Can this be found at home depot?

Fireballsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #2

sounds like you need to contact J & R sales and service, there number is posted in the forum.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #3

I went to home depot and they didn't have what I needed. Gonna try a local trailer supply here and keep my fingers crossed. I hate to bother J&R with such a small order. They can't make any money off something like this. I'll use them if they are my last option though.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #4

You should be able to get this at a local RV place. We had to replace the same thing on our older Hi-Lo two years ago same problem.
DebW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #5

Searching online, I have found that the quick connector used is manufactured by watts in their series 35 line. The part I need is called a cone seal.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #6

Fireball,

This cone seal is something that many of us may have to replace sometime in the future.

Could you please share the Watts part number? I'm thinking about ordering one to have as a spare.

Including this and your other entries, seems like your taking a crash-course in Hi-Lo trailer repair. Good for you!

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #7

These posts will be around for anyone in the future so I want to leave as much information as possible. Eventually, every problem will have a post on it. Probobly in about 50 years. I love doing this stuff. It gets frustrating and I throw tantrums and tools but it really is simple stuff once you get into it.

I'll put up the watts part number as soon as I get it. And thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #8

Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is that I didn't get a part number. The good news is that my local big RV dealership had them available at their parts counter and knew exactly what they were when I placed it on the counter. Again, they are called cone seals and appear to be easily found at most RV parts supplies. I replaced the seal and the drip is gone.